Unbranded 8x got Data Sense from HTC updates

Tran An Hai Dang

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
This morning my phone notified me about some HTC updates and I installed it. At first, I thought this update is similar to the previous ones (just fix some bugs and update HTC apps). However, when i scroll down to the bottom of start screen, I see the tile of Data Sense (the function of WP8 I never get although I update my phone to newest OS version 8.0.101512.142 aka GDR3). I want to ask if anyone like me?
P.S: I am using unbranded 8x and I never get Data Sense from day 1.

Chief_Adu

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I know! It's amazing right? I received Data Sense after using the Connection Setup app of HTC. Someone suggested that on the forums and it worked. It's great to see that Data Sense is for a bigger audience now :)

sportex

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am on 3 in uk, unbranded 8x. Searched for updates, downloaded and installed then noticed data sense. Anyone know if theres anything else in the update?

Svetoslav Enkov

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I got Data Sense only after I renewed and upgraded my mobile plan (voice & data) - and immediately I got Data Sense (then plan was activated 5:50 AM - I received a SMS confirmation) and at the morning I've noticed the Data Sense in the App List. I was very surprised because I was waiting for this - my data plan is unlimited but only first (now 512MB but before was 150MB) are at 3G speeds then at 64kbit/s shaping. I think the Data Sense is not Microsoft only feature - this is mainly a mobile carrier feature (of course before GDR2 it was a Verizon exclusive).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre