internet Sharing issue on my 1020

Dhan117

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a Rogers Lumia 1020 that I have unlocked to use it on wind. It works perfectly expect when I try to tether. I had no issues when i use my Nokia lumia 710. Does any know how to fix this ?

WP_000000.jpg

nehmek

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm with Wind too and had the exact same problem with my unlocked 1020 from Rogers. The solution is to download the access point app:
access point | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
After installation, the app becomes an extra menu item at the end the phone's settings page. If you have already setup the Wind apn in the mobile network settings (i.e you have a Wind data connection) then this app will automatically show Wind as the active access point when you open it up. Now if you go to the internet sharing menu you can switch the sharing option on and setup your broadcast name and password without getting the "no cellular data" error message. I found this out recently and my 1020's internet sharing has been working perfectly ever since.

wp999

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Awesome solution !!! : )

It also works with Bell as well on 1020 ( however, MMS still not working but SMS test only)

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Not working for me on Telus with a Rogers 1020. 😞 My only complaint. I tried the apn app but still no cellular error.

nehmek

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
So today i tried to turn on my hotspot and the feature didn't work. Its saying that I don't have a data connection to share. Strange. Has anyone else had this problem with unlocked Rogers 1020s? It went from not working to working and now its not working again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs