Lumia520 photos get corrupted when transfered or copied to PC or Skydrive

birenbiroo

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
i have a lumia 520 (amber updated; purchased about 3 months back; india).

when i click photos, i am able to see them on the phone.
when i transfer them (whether through windows phone app or file transfer) to my windows 8 laptop, OR when i upload them on skydrive, i can see some photos, while some can not be opened (message - windows photo viewer can't open this picture because the file appears to be damaged, corrupted or is too large)

these 'corrupted' pictures show up as a blue square in the PC and skydrive.

i am not even able to edit some of the photos on the phone.
and i recently found that these photos that i am not able to edit on the phone are the ones that show up as corrupted files in skydrive and my PC.

i am stumped as to why some photos are ok and some don't open?

please help!

thank you.

biren

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Are you saving these pictures in phone memory on your 520 or on a microSD card?

If you are saving the pictures on the microSD card, what happens if you insert the card directly into the card reader on your PC?

birenbiroo

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Are you saving these pictures in phone memory on your 520 or on a microSD card?

If you are saving the pictures on the microSD card, what happens if you insert the card directly into the card reader on your PC?

initially i had set up the phone to save fotos on SD card. when i noticed this problem, i transferred the photos to phone, and have now changed my settings to 'saving photos to phone'.
when the photos where on the card, i inserted the card in a card reader and hooked it to the windows 8 pc... the results were same - i could see some of the photographs, and some showed up as 'blue box' (which when opened gave the message of corrupted file).

but the photographs (that i transferred to the phone) are all showing up in the phone (phone viewer). though - i just found out a couple of days back - i am unable to edit them.
nor am i able to copy/transfer them to a vault app (360 photo vault) i downloaded yesterday.

hope this info helps, and is adequate.
if i have missed something, please let me know.

regards. and gratitudes

biren

pwright2

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. I can take a series of shots in as far as I can tell the same method. my camera roll will show a series of photos. I believe there are some photos that I took that don't appear at all but I ca't prove that. When I check skydrive, only some of the pictures are there. Check the camera roll and all still show. Click one of the missing photos and it reports that it cannot upload. So I have tried using other file transfer managers to move the files and they cannot be opened. Probing with analysers indicates they have no headers. I've read a few forums where people have tired appeanding headers but no picture.

Anyhow, the only way I have found to salvage the pictures is to do a screen capture and save it.

Need to find a solution.

-----Paul-----

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6