Unable to Transfer data from Samsung 5670 android phone to 925

onkar Agarwal

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
HI
I have a samsung s5670 mobile.Now I bought limia 925 but I am not able to transfer any data.Transfer my data app doesn't work.
First of all it detects only picture and Music folder only and then it shows 0 content in that.It tells that my mobile only allows to copy Picture and music folder.It doesn't ask me permission where can I change my permission level.
I don't want to use gmail sync since there will lot of duplicate contacts in that.
Any other idea how we can transfer contacts and messages

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I had to save my Google contacts and import them manually into Outlook.com because my 925 wouldn't import them via Google account sync (it was enabled but do anything).
I have no idea about importing messages (regaring sms).

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro2_254 using Tapatalk

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Found something on the Nokia Support page for the 925, maybe this will clear things up for you:

Nokia Lumia 925 - Can I use Transfer my Data to copy Contacts and Text Messages from any phone to my Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8?

Contacts:

If the device supports PBAP and/or SyncML the direct transfer of contacts is possible.Note: sometimes the implementation of PBAP inside the old device limits certain data fields to be transferred.

Text Messages (SMS's):

Older Nokia SyncML only devices are not currently supported for the SMS transfer (e.g. devices where there is SyncML support but no PBAP support).

SMS transfers from Android or iOS are not currently supported.

Note: Sometimes the implementation of SMS over SyncML does not fully transmit the timestamps of the SMS messages in which case they are stored in the order they arrive through the transfer to a Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8.

Source: Nokia Lumia 925 - FAQ – Troubleshooting – Questions and Answers - Nokia Lumia 925 - Can I use Transfer my Data to copy Contacts and Text Messages from any phone to my Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8? - Nokia - UK

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb