Fed up with Verizon (Lumia 929)

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
If by the same phone, you mean they're both on Verizon, I guess you're right... Kidding, but they are quite different. Camera, screen, CPU, etc...

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Wow another fed up thread for Verizon releasing a unannounced phone. We had the same threads for the HTC Trophy, the 928 and if you watched the Android threads, you would see the same thing.

Verizon is ALWAYS pissing off customers with phone releases, it's true, not everyone will be happy.

Because people are impatient and think they deserve everything when they want it, but if they released it and it was buggy as all heck they would be back ranting and complaining how they should have waited and tested it out more. It is a never ending cycle with tech and especially phones.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I had the G2 for a few months. I never really got used to the back buttons. It seemed to me that LG did that just for the sake of being different...just wasn't a natural feel for me. Currently own the Note 3, but patiently awaiting the 929 like everyone else on here :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I agree. I loved everything about the G2, just couldn't get a good feel for the back buttons so it just wasn't the phone for me. Hopefully the 929 will be worth the wait.

outlaw_d

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Lumia 1520 off-contract and activated it on AT&T's pre-paid service over the weekend... I'm a large guy and the L1520 is just too big! Beautiful, but awkward to use/talk on.... So I'll be returning it and go back to waiting for the Lumia 929... Just in case anyone else was thinking of jumping ship... I suggest to wait.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The holier than thou, self-righteous, judgment is rampant in this thread.
How so? Quite a few of us have been waiting for this device for weeks. I waited till` my birthday after weeks of leaks and then said f*** it and upgraded to the Moto X. I still love windows phone, but this wait is too damn long! If it comes out next year (which all signs point to) and is under $600 I will definitely try my damnest to get it off contract until then though, Ill rock my Moto X.

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
It seems, in their infinite marketing "wisdom" Verizon has decided to release the 929/icon right about the time when Samsung and HTC will be controlling the news cycle with the imminent release of much more dominant and likely superior devices (at least on paper) like the S5 and HTC One/two. Drowned out by the competition and still sporting "2013 specs" they will have a moderately successful phone that COULD HAVE BEEN a real winner had they launched it now. Stay tuned for more "Windows Phone is getting better BUT..." stories.

INCREMENTAL

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
It seems, in their infinite marketing "wisdom" Verizon has decided to release the 929/icon right about the time when Samsung and HTC will be controlling the news cycle with the imminent release of much more dominant and likely superior devices (at least on paper) like the S5 and HTC One/two. Drowned out by the competition and still sporting "2013 specs" they will have a moderately successful phone that COULD HAVE BEEN a real winner had they launched it now. Stay tuned for more "Windows Phone is getting better BUT..." stories.

I disagree, processor wise they will all most likely sport the S800, only 5 or so phones in the US carry this processor, it's still new and will be around for a long while. The camera on this phone is at the top of the list now so it will be very comparable to the new HTC or Samsung or anything really.

The only thing this phone will really be lacking is a 2K display which is just slightly better then 1080P. And being a Windows phone, it's at the top in specs and will be it's selling point for its platform. While I agree the sooner the release the better it is no where to late. I say June would be a point where it's getting to late.

Look at the specs of the 925, 928, and 1020. Specs wise the phones were behind the curve on their release dates but still managed to be very solid. With the help of the 1020s camera it manage to make it in the top 5s of a lot of tech sites for 2013.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using WPCentral Forums mobile app

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I disagree, processor wise they will all most likely sport the S800, only 5 or so phones in the US carry this processor, it's still new and will be around for a long while. The camera on this phone is at the top of the list now so it will be very comparable to the new HTC or Samsung or anything really.

The only thing this phone will really be lacking is a 2K display which is just slightly better then 1080P. And being a Windows phone, it's at the top in specs and will be it's selling point for its platform. While I agree the sooner the release the better it is no where to late. I say June would be a point where it's getting to late.

Look at the specs of the 925, 928, and 1020. Specs wise the phones were behind the curve on their release dates but still managed to be very solid. With the help of the 1020s camera it manage to make it in the top 5s of a lot of tech sites for 2013.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Your right. I really meant to highlight the timing as inopportune, in that it will be released in a crowded field and I find that just unessesary. I have an HTC One and I think it's a fantastic phone, however I want to go with a Windows Phone to complete the loop with my office system, home computer and Surface tablet. I'm buying the 929 for sure. I've just been frustrated by the fact that every attempt to purchase another Windows device has been hampered by a "deal breaker" spec and I'm therefore at the mercy of Verizon 's time line.

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
VZW has historically played the great-network, old-phones game. now that att has caught up and Tmo is acting more and more disruptive, I think they know they can't rely on that anymore. witness the lightning-fast KitKat updates to its moto x. even the exclusive droids got KK before the g2.

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
VZW has historically played the great-network, old-phones game. now that att has caught up and Tmo is acting more and more disruptive, I think they know they can't rely on that anymore. witness the lightning-fast KitKat updates to its moto x. even the exclusive droids got KK before the g2.

Caught up? In what respect? Phones...yes. Network...not even remotely close

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I waited till` my birthday after weeks of leaks and then said f*** it and upgraded to the Moto X. I still love windows phone, but this wait is too damn long!

Wow, you must be in a hurry if you go so far as to jump ship!

VZW <snip> witness the lightning-fast KitKat updates to its moto x.

Like a headline read on a tech news site about this: Hell freezes over! It indeed was incredible!

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Wow, you must be in a hurry if you go so far as to jump ship!

I knew that the only time I could get a paid for upgrade (read: mom pays for it) would be for my birthday, and I`m on Verizon so the Moto X is (quite possibly) the best device you can get on that network. If I was on AT&T I would have looked at the 925 or most likely the black 1020, or T-Mobile with Lumia 925. But unfortunately I`m on Verizon so Moto X it is.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I knew that the only time I could get a paid for upgrade (read: mom pays for it) would be for my birthday, and I`m on Verizon so the Moto X is (quite possibly) the best device you can get on that network. If I was on AT&T I would have looked at the 925 or most likely the black 1020, or T-Mobile with Lumia 925. But unfortunately I`m on Verizon so Moto X it is.

If you wanted the 925... Why wouldn't you get the 928? If you love Windows Phone OS, how could you say the Moto X, being an android phone, is the best device on the network. The 928 is right there with, presumably in your (our) opinion, a better OS and slightly worse specs.

I don't care what phone you went with. But your logic is nonsense.

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
If you wanted the 925... Why wouldn't you get the 928? If you love Windows Phone OS, how could you say the Moto X, being an android phone, is the best device on the network. The 928 is right there with, presumably in your (our) opinion, a better OS and slightly worse specs.

I don't care what phone you went with. But your logic is nonsense.

Motor X is not even arguably the best phone on the network.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Yes if you're OK with Android the Moto X is great! My wife has one and she loves it. Phenomenal battery life. Check out this screen on time she got the other day:

Screenshot_2013-12-30-23-17-06.png

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
The Moto X is a pretty good phone. It's the best Android phone I have ever used.. (limited to Verizon only.) the camera is crap, though the later updates made it way better. I loved the always listening microphone... just like my XBone it was always ready for my command, though it was not as accurate as the XBone. Moto's Active Notifications are awesome and all phone OS's need to copy them..

I still like my 928 better and that's what I'm using right now. The stupid Moto X is using that smaller SIM card like the iPhone 5s is so I can't simply swap my SIM from my 928 to my Moto X when I need to test random things for work.. Oh well. #firstworldproblems I guess.

Tomad9#AC

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
The Moto X is a pretty good phone. It's the best Android phone I have ever used.. (limited to Verizon only.) the camera is crap, though the later updates made it way better. I loved the always listening microphone... just like my XBone it was always ready for my command, though it was not as accurate as the XBone. Moto's Active Notifications are awesome and all phone OS's need to copy them..

I still like my 928 better and that's what I'm using right now. The stupid Moto X is using that smaller SIM card like the iPhone 5s is so I can't simply swap my SIM from my 928 to my Moto X when I need to test random things for work.. Oh well. #firstworldproblems I guess.

How is the camera with the updates compared to the 928?

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

Most phones are going to Nano SIM cards, you might as well get one and then get a Nano/Micro adapter to use in your 928.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Most phones are going to Nano SIM cards, you might as well get one and then get a Nano/Micro adapter to use in your 928.

Yeah, I know. Have you used an adapter yet? I'm read so many mixed reviews on them I'm a little gun shy. With your standard phone with a removable battery it is pretty easy to pry a stuck SIM card out of the device. However, with the SIM tray of the 928, I'm worried something will get jammed and then I'd be screwed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos