Fed up with Verizon (Lumia 929)

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I know. Have you used an adapter yet? I'm read so many mixed reviews on them I'm a little gun shy. With your standard phone with a removable battery it is pretty easy to pry a stuck SIM card out of the device. However, with the SIM tray of the 928, I'm worried something will get jammed and then I'd be screwed.

I have a 5s and a 928 and and haven't had any problems using a Nano SIM card adapter. I got mine off of Amazon and I believe it is made by a company called "Noosy".

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
How is the camera with the updates compared to the 928?

When the Moto X first launched on Verizon it was horrible... just horrible. Now it is pretty good. Not as good as the 928 mind you, but I didn't dread having to use it when I needed to take a picture.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have a 5s and a 928 and and haven't had any problems using a Nano SIM card adapter. I got mine off of Amazon and I believe it is made by a company called "Noosy".

Fantastic. I just ordered this one. Only $1.53 with free shipping. If some random guy on the Internet I've never met says it's ok, that's good enough for me!! :smile: Seriously though, thanks.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Fantastic. I just ordered this one. Only $1.53 with free shipping. If some random guy on the Internet I've never met says it's ok, that's good enough for me!! :smile: Seriously though, thanks.

No problem, happy to help. You're better off just getting a nano sim, but if you decide to cut down the micro sim you are going to have to carefully sand down the top of the micro sim as nano sims are just a little bit shorter

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Noosy is my favorite of the ones I've used. I've never had any issues using an adapter. I used to have an iPhone 5 and I switched between that and my other phones that use a micro SIM.

Tomad9#AC

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
When the Moto X first launched on Verizon it was horrible... just horrible. Now it is pretty good. Not as good as the 928 mind you, but I didn't dread having to use it when I needed to take a picture.

I really like the 928 and the camera was the deciding factor when I switched from the razr maxx hd. Anyway i miss some of the apps I used for work on the droid as well as apps in general. I like the motorola x but originally heard the camera was terrible. Anyway decisions, decisions..

graffia274

May 30, 2013
Visit site
The G2 is an awesome phone, I ended up getting the Moto X. The lumia 929 is losing a few potential customers with this long wait.

Sent from my XT1060 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Could not agree more with this. I waited/lurked in this forum for months...and ended up wasting my time. I picked up a Note 3 and am happy with it. I am a WP supporter, but its sad to see WP constantly missing out on big moves. The more days that pass, the less sexy those specs look. Count me as another lost customer.

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Could not agree more with this. I waited/lurked in this forum for months...and ended up wasting my time. I picked up a Note 3 and am happy with it. I am a WP supporter, but its sad to see WP constantly missing out on big moves. The more days that pass, the less sexy those specs look. Count me as another lost customer.

Ditto. I am waiting till CES in the hope that something will be announced. My wife held out until today, and is likely making the move to whatever else catches her eye now. We have 5 lines. I had intended to make at least 3 of them windows phones (replacing all lines asap). But as the days tick buy the rumors from Samsung, HTC and Apple are quickly solidifying and unlike MS/Nokia/Verizon - THEY - launch like clockwork. Verizon ALMOST lost our whole account but I couldn't quite deal with the size on the 1520, and the 1020 and 925 were simply too far behind the curve.

chinesepiratefood

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site

Please explain the logic on this one to me. The specs are looking "less sexy" as you put it, so you buy a phone with equal or inferior specs?

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
For every person that's gotten tired of waiting on "rumors", there is another person just learning of the phone. Verizon and the 929 aren't losing a thing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Verizon and the 929 aren't losing a thing.

Work through this logic out loud for yourself. The longer a phone is on the market, the more market share it'll have. I believe you, Verizon isn't losing much by not putting this phone out. Nokia, Microsoft, and the entire WP8 community is. And that's what I care about. My experience, and the experience of this community. That's what suffers when Verizon indefinitely delays this device.

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Work through this logic out loud for yourself. The longer a phone is on the market, the more market share it'll have. I believe you, Verizon isn't losing much by not putting this phone out. Nokia, Microsoft, and the entire WP8 community is. And that's what I care about. My experience, and the experience of this community. That's what suffers when Verizon indefinitely delays this device.

My logic is sound. A phone has a certain life cycle. As long as the phone is not released WELL after similar competing phones are out, it won't make a difference to MS, Nokia or WP8. They could have released the phone a month ago, or two months from now...there is still a finite amount of time where it will sell well and then got down from there. A month or two "delay" will not change things. It may upset you and others here, but it won't change a thing for these companies or their numbers.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My logic is sound. A phone has a certain life cycle. As long as the phone is not released WELL after similar competing phones are out, it won't make a difference to MS, Nokia or WP8. They could have released the phone a month ago, or two months from now...there is still a finite amount of time where it will sell well and then got down from there. A month or two "delay" will not change things. It may upset you and others here, but it won't change a thing for these companies or their numbers.

You're wrong. But I'm not going to spend anymore time trying to convince you. I'll just float out what I'm saying.

Verizon, by waiting to release this device, stunts the growth of:

1.) Nokia's marketshare
2.) Microsoft's marketshare
3.) The WP8 community - I'm pretty positive the staff here at WPC will agree with me on this one. And if you don't consider yourself part of the community, or just don't care about any of the above three... Well, what are you doing here?

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
For every person that's gotten tired of waiting on "rumors", there is another person just learning of the phone. Verizon and the 929 aren't losing a thing.

A phones life cycle lasts exactly as long as it is "on par" with similar devices and then begins to trail off as it is scooped up by those who place value on price, thereby reducing margins. If they wait much longer the only thing the 929 will be "on par" with will be other Windows Phones.

Therefore, what is sacrificed, is the opportunity to increase market share by pulling in interested buyers from other platforms (Like myself). For Verizon what is sacrificed is the opportunity to pull customers away from other carriers as AT&T has proven they have done by exploiting the void of Windows devices in Verizon. What is left then will be highly dedicated WP users who can stomach the specs, because they are used to sitting in the back of the bus and bargain hunters who don't care. Not exactly a winning marketing strategy.

UncleGrandpa

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
If we don't hear anything during CES week, it may be time to get off the sidelines on this one. I think Samsung may be the place to start looking at for the next killer WP phone. Just a hunch. They've been very silent in the WP market but they are dominating the tablet market in the non windows area. I think they want to also dominate the windows market in both phones and tablets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maanasee Deshmukh

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
If we don't hear anything during CES week, it may be time to get off the sidelines on this one. I think Samsung may be the place to start looking at for the next killer WP phone. Just a hunch. They've been very silent in the WP market but they are dominating the tablet market in the non windows area. I think they want to also dominate the windows market in both phones and tablets.

I wouldn't say to get off the sidelines... Rather, you should take any new rumors or news as a grain of salt UNTIL Verizon or Nokia or Windows comes out with something. It will save a lot of anger and broken hearts. :)

maxnicks

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I'll be replacing my Lumia 928 on February 14th. I hope the Lumia Icon is out by then... If not, well, I've been researching a few Android phones JiC.

Justin Christensen

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I'll be replacing my Lumia 928 on February 14th. I hope the Lumia Icon is out by then... If not, well, I've been researching a few Android phones JiC.

Ya I'm kinda on the same boat. I'd love to have the Icon, but if we don't hear something soon I'm going to have to stick with Android. I want to try WP, but if there aren't phones to buy there is not much I can do about it (my local stores have been out of 928s for a bit). The Galaxy Note 3 looks pretty neat, not sure if the size will work for me though. Or the LG G2, but I'm not sure I like the skin LG layered on top of android, seems like it will really slow the phone down after a year or so.
It'll be so much easier if the Icon would just get released.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Wait wait wait, you guys chose Verizon for their phones? I baffle... I always thought people went with Verizon because of their network. I sure as hell did. If you want cool phones go with ATT. They dont test phones and release them as soon as OEMs give it to them. By all means take your leave to go to big blue, less people hogging my LTE on big red.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)