Tile colour smudge when swiping

Pinchscape

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
My new 925 is great but ive noticed in the light theme while scrolling the tiles up and down there is a very noticeable blurring or smudging on the edge of the tiles, as if the pixels are not changing colour quick enough.
Do I have a faulty phone ? Or is it a quirk if the 925 ?

Thanks

PxuLL

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I just tried this on my 820 but I dont have this issue, I suggest taking it into a Nokia Care store near you and show them they will tell ya ;)

Pinchscape

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes my 625 has no problems.
I took a trip to carphone warehouse at canary wharf and they had a 925 on display and it had the very same problem.
It must be a quirk of the phone - rather disappointing :cry:

Pinchscape

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
OK the plot thickens

Ive sent the phone back to Nokia, but they say the display is working normally.
I went to a mobile phone shop and had a look at the 925 and the 1020 they had.
I put them both on the light theme with crimson tiles and they both had the same problem - i.e. when scrolling on the start screen quickly the colour of the edges of the tile 'bleed' onto the white background, presumably because the pixels cant react fast enough to the colour change - almost like the tiles are trying to join together.

To me it looks quite bad, and not a theme configuration I would want to show the phone off with.

My 625 and my 520 are fine, but then again they have a lower density screen based on a different technology (as far as Im aware).

This really suprises me, and it suprises me that I cant find any other mention of this issue on google. Perhaps the light theme isnt very popular for general use, and no-one has seen the issue. It's made me a little dissapointed in the phone, and Im going to have a proper look at the 1520 in the flesh befor I buy it, and if it has the same problem I might wait to have a look at the 1320.

Does anyone have any experience of this issue. Ultimately I could be completely mad and ready for the loony farm - I havent totally ruled that out as a possibility.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Okay I might have to change what I said previously about this, I have now tried it with the crimson colour and a few others and there is a bit if you move the tiles up and down at speed but it's not with any other colours except for a small bit with orange.

On a plus point for me as least is that I can't stand either the light theme or crimson.

Pinchscape

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Ahhhhhh, thank you very much for confirming what im seeing. No wonder Nokia found no fault with the phone - its obviously a known issue with the display. Unfortunately i have a minor problem with my sight which means the very bright screens work well for me (light theme - high brightness level), and crimson is the colour with the best contrasts.
Oh well, i guess ill just have to live with it. - thanks again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo