1520 camera is almost as good or better than the 1020?

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Most shots are better because of the smaller aperture (you see light in all these shots was creating a shading effect on the bigger F2.2 sensor.
I'll try to demonstrate

Lets say that this is the sensor ")"
And This is the aperture "=" Aperture ( think of it as a cone surrounding the sensor to stop light from hitting it indirectly. )

Lumia 1020's case )=
Lumia 1520's case )==
So colors look washed out because the sensor can read the light hitting the sensor side ways.
I BET that if the guy used a cup or any physical aperture to produce these photos, they'll look miles better. :)

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about this, the six element lens system takes care of stray light.
the lumia 1020 has a bigger sensor and a wider aperture at the same focal length

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
the one interesting thing is that all the people that say that its not as good as the 5s do not put up comparison shots, I wish they would do this. I want to see some shots where it is not doing that good compared to the others. These people seem to group the 1020 and 5s like they are equals, i am not sure if they really are. the 5s may be easier to just point and shoot but the 1020 has to be more powerful with the custom settings.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
No, its not.

But it does have Lumia Black on board which helps a lot.

Wait for it to become available for the 1020 and then compare.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about this, the six element lens system takes care of stray light.
the lumia 1020 has a bigger sensor and a wider aperture at the same focal length
The six element lenses actually increase the chances of this as using the glass lens they were able to stack them closer than ever.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra