[Solved] WP8 Music Getting Duplicated

Anonymous_India

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Well this problem needs no introduction so I am coming to the "modus operandi" that I did.Evn though I am not sure how it worked but I am sure its good to give a try If you are facing this issue

1-Uninstall "Nokia Music/Nokia MixRadio"
2-Connect your device to computer via USB and delete all the contents from the "Music" folder-->Dont do this with the "Desptop app for wp8",use windows explorer.
If you want to preserve the songs before deleting then connect your phone to the computer and open WP8 desktop app and follow these steps-->
a->wait till ur device shows up and then click on the second link on "top right" that says"phone".
b->goto music and do "ctr+a" and then hit "spacebar",this will select all the songs at once,now there is an option at bottom right saying "save to pc".hit it!!
c->after entire music gets copied to windows libraries under "music" folder delete the contents of ur memory card via windows explorer.
3-Now disconnect the device and format that memory card from the phone itself and then do a soft reset of the phone.
4-copy all content of the music folder that u copied from the phone via desktop app,to another folder outside "system drive"
5-Now i suppose u have ur music in a folder named say "songs" in a drive(other than in which windows is installed),now on top right u will see "search bar",type "*.mp3"
6-it will list all mp3 songs that were in individual folders and then u cut all songs by doing "ctr+A" and "ctr+C".
7-Paste this in another folder and then transfer these songs to ur lumia device's music folder.
8-If u did exactly like I told then like me u shud see that all duplicate songs have vanished and without any error you can play the songs(ofcourse re-install nokia music and then play)

Comment if u face issues.:angel:

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Just press and hold Volume Down+Power keys for 10 secs or so. No, soft reset won't delete any purchased or installed apps/games.

Saikat Halder

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
hi, i am using this lumia 720 for 3 months, i am facing the song duplication issue, and also pdf duplication and pictures in saves pic, camera roll folder gets multiple copy...if i delete one i lose all the pics...it happened with video also...:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
hi, i am using this lumia 720 for 3 months, i am facing the song duplication issue, and also pdf duplication and pictures in saves pic, camera roll folder gets multiple copy...if i delete one i lose all the pics...it happened with video also...:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

next time use safely remove usb in taskbar

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro