Battery info still out to lunch, camera flash quit, service advice?

tacofiend

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
First, the battery issue. This only started happening within the past month or so, but I've noticed first it looks like my battery will occasionally drain insanely fast. In the event an app is the culprit, I'll restart my phone. When it boots back up, the battery life will be MUCH higher. For example, I'll check and it will read 28%, but after restarting it's back up to 75%. Same thing has happened when I charge it, it will be pretty low when I charge it and go to bed, but when I wake up in the morning it will read very low, like in the 20's. After I restart it, it reads 100%.

I've factory restored probably 4 or 5 times (each time needing the Nokia Care Suite because I get the spinning cogs, every. Single. Time.) and currently have all updates applied.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be something that might be fixed in 8.1?

Second, I recently noticed my camera flash does not work anymore, both in camera and flashlight apps. I've read around this is a hardware issue, thoughts?

Third, if any of this is hardware related, what's my best option to get it repaired? I did swap out my black Rogers housing for a white one a few months back and for whatever reason a tiny hairline crack has now grown quite big and I have a red housing on the way. When I discovered these things were happening, I also noticed my warranty ran out just over 3 weeks ago...convenient, eh? Rogers won't budge and tells me for ANY hardware issue there will be a minimum $100 charge, and although my IMEI on Nokia's site tells me I have 10 days left, they tell me I need to go through a Rogers dealer. This is so frustrating. Do I have any other options?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, even if warranty was still showing 10 days left, you probably voided your warranty by changing the housing yourself. Your only options would be to pay a Rogers dealer for the repair or to pay another shop for the repair.

Hasan Jawad

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, it came after a month of GDR2 update. and its still there, tried restarting the phone both hard and soft and problem just doesnt go away at all. what to do?