Can't get to internet

firekicker

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok I have a T-Mobile HTC Windows phone 8x that is unlocked. When I try to get to the internet it keeps going to the address androidapi.t-mobile.com/apppack/mvno.html . I can receive MMS messages but can't send picture messages. I have the right apn settings in the phone. I have tried help on a form that they answer that they need to take this offline and sends me a private message to call and then when I called I spent an hour on the phone with a Tech support person (being nice) has me delete my apn settings and put the same ones right back in and still now internet or picture messages. Then I let that person talk me into resetting the phone to factory settings which did nothing. Then he had me put my sim card into my sons phone which is a T-Mobile Nokia 521 with Windows phone 8 and it does not work in that phone either. By the way my sons phone has the same apn settings and can get to the internet. so after all that, that person calls T-Mobile and they decide that it has to be my phone. Which it is not. The apn setting s that I have in my phone is:
apn: wap.tracfone user name and password BLANK Proxy server (url) 216.155.165.40 Proxy Port 8080 IP type IPv4v6. Is there anybody out there that can help me out with this. I do not want to bye another phone since I have only had this one since March 2013.

OK I went back on with the chat support and the guy on there (to be unnamed) tells me that he can't help me and that I have to call the toll free number Tech Support again.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Seems to be an issue with the sim card itself if it doesn't work in your son phone, have you tried a different sim in your phone and see if that works if so then get a replacement sim.

gogoDroid

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same issue. Verizon HTC 8x. T-mobile SIM. I can make calls with no problems. My APN settings are correct and the same as the OP. Funny thing is, I get partial data. I can use some apps that access the net, Metro Talk and email. But any that go over HTTP, like IE, get an error. Specifically on IE, I am taken to the address androidapi.t-mobile.com/apppack/mvno.html

Also, I can not use the HTC Connection Setup app. I get a message that says, "There is no SIM card, PIN code has not been entered..."

I'm REALLY trying to avoid getting another phone since this is GSM and Verizon SIM compatable. Thanks for your help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786