Nokia Lumia 1520 Unlocked

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
well I did canceled my order with MS over the phone yesterday and went to the store, they made it close enough, got the flip cover free still and 25 bucks credit, missing the other 25 but considering no waiting was ok with me, also invested in the wireless charging case, good stuff. went through their international department and chatted with them and got my unlocked code, so now my phone is fully unlocked, any of you guys had the same luck?

Last edited by a moderator:

samk2099

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: nokia lumia 1520 unlocked

Once you get that wireless charging case on, can you let us know how it fits and how much bulk it adds?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

Once you get that wireless charging case on, can you let us know how it fits and how much bulk it adds?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

is definitely thicker and heavier, so yeah that is a problem i guess rather use the protective cover

Mediademics

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

No offense but I find it hard to believe you were able to unlock the 1520 considering this never happens when the phone is an at&t exclusive. I would love for this to be true so I can use it on T-Mobile :(

TravelBro

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

No offense but I find it hard to believe you were able to unlock the 1520 considering this never happens when the phone is an at&t exclusive. I would love for this to be true so I can use it on T-Mobile :(

Nice dog I wish i could pet it. I have a chihuahua. I love small dogs :grin:

I also wish this was true.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

well they provided me an unlock code and is unlocked as you can see below

wp_ss_20131122_0001_zps41460a33.jpg

Mediademics

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

That is great. Thank you for the video. So you went to AT&T chat and asked to be transferred to the international department and they provided you the code? Did you have the phone activated on AT&T?

TravelBro

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

I tell them that I bought it from microsoftstore.com and that I am traveling out of the country and need the unlock code?

Where do you put the code?

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

That is great. Thank you for the video. So you went to AT&T chat and asked to be transferred to the international department and they provided you the code? Did you have the phone activated on AT&T?

no I went to their website AT&T Wireless Travel & International Support - Make International Calls and a chat link showed up on the right side and clicked chat live now and after I told them what I needed and told them the deviceunlock website they provide doesnt work, they transferred me to a different person and when that happened, I told them the same thing and they said to hold while they research, and tasked me for my IMEI, which I provided and they gave me the unlock code.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

I tell them that I bought it from microsoftstore.com and that I am traveling out of the country and need the unlock code?

Where do you put the code?

not necessary to tell them you bought it from microsoftstore.com and yes you tell them that you are traveling outside the country for the holidays or w/e and tell them you need t phone unlocked to use it over there. the code will be prompted the first time you put in the sim and restart your device, everytime you take out the sim if you dont reboot your device when you put a new one, it wont read, but it is a long code, but definitely worked.

TravelBro

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

not necessary to tell them you bought it from microsoftstore.com and yes you tell them that you are traveling outside the country for the holidays or w/e and tell them you need t phone unlocked to use it over there. the code will be prompted the first time you put in the sim and restart your device, everytime you take out the sim if you dont reboot your device when you put a new one, it wont read, but it is a long code, but definitely worked.

You bought yours from ATT or Microsoft store?

Is there a money back guarantee? Because if I cant use it on tmobile I will want my money back.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

You bought yours from ATT or Microsoft store?

Is there a money back guarantee? Because if I cant use it on tmobile I will want my money back.

microsoft store, att wouldnt sell it to me at a full price, i was like screw them, anyhow att is more expensive. and yes even though unlocked, it doesnt void warranty since it doesnt mess with the software at all, microsoft offers 30 days money back guaranteed.

TravelBro

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

microsoft store, att wouldnt sell it to me at a full price, i was like screw them, anyhow att is more expensive. and yes even though unlocked, it doesnt void warranty since it doesnt mess with the software at all, microsoft offers 30 days money back guaranteed.

K i will buy it from the microsoft store. The worst thing that can happen is I cant get it unlocked and I have to return it. Then I will just buy the iPhone 5S

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)