Nokia Lumia 1520 Unlocked

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
What I tell them is that the account has been active for more than 60 days (blue text) and that the account is in good standing. Again it's the account that has to be active not the device.
That's actually the thing that's presenting the problem for some users. What's happening is that T-Mobile users want to buy and unlock an AT&T-branded phone so that they can use the phone on T-Mobile. Since these customers have no AT&T account, they don't meet the 60-day requirement.

In theory, those T-Mobile users could ask a friend with an AT&T account to front the sale of the phone and get it unlocked. (For example, I have an AT&T account. My friend and I go to an AT&T store to buy a phone. I give my cell number and the friend provides the payment method. I then ask for the unlock code and give it to the friend.) There's nothing illegal about this, but it is inconvenient and it leaves the T-Mobile user in an odd position should a return be necessary. (Maybe that means that you need the help of a good friend with an AT&T account!)

blur510

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
That's actually the thing that's presenting the problem for some users. What's happening is that T-Mobile users want to buy and unlock an AT&T-branded phone so that they can use the phone on T-Mobile. Since these customers have no AT&T account, they don't meet the 60-day requirement.

In theory, those T-Mobile users could ask a friend with an AT&T account to front the sale of the phone and get it unlocked. (For example, I have an AT&T account. My friend and I go to an AT&T store to buy a phone. I give my cell number and the friend provides the payment method. I then ask for the unlock code and give it to the friend.) There's nothing illegal about this, but it is inconvenient and it leaves the T-Mobile user in an odd position should a return be necessary. (Maybe that means that you need the help of a good friend with an AT&T account!)

I suppose you have to ask a friend. but even as I am a current customer, it was still difficult to get an unlock as a lot of the reps thinks that the device has to be active for 60 days.

Xabanak

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone who has unlocked their 1520 and is on T-Mobile test to see if 3G works? Looking at the supported bands, it should work as long as you're in a reframed 1900 area, but I'd like to be certain if possible.

YesYesYap

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: nokia lumia 1520 unlocked

do you know where i can purchase the international version of the Lumia 1520... and will it work on at&t?

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
To whoever has their AT&T 1520 working on T-Mo:

How's it do for non-refarmed 3G/4G (non-LTE)? Where I live, LTE isn't available and my old AT&T iPhone 4S is stuck on 2G, which tells me the refarming hasn't happened there yet, either. (the listed HSPA+ bands would work fine in a refarmed area, but since refarming seems to be a prelude to repurposing the AWS bands to LTE, it becomes moot.)

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

This needs to be in bold in the first post. Yes, AT&T might unlock your phone - IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING AT&T CUSTOMER.

This isn't anything specific to this model. I just think people expect to be able to go in and buy a phone, not sign up for AT&T service, and request an unlock code. That's not going to happen.

gb22310

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
in July I purchased a Lumia 1020 and got an unlock code within 10 minutes from ATT. Now, I purchased a Lumia 1520 and can't get one, even from the int'l help desk.
There is something that we are not being told to do that should get us the unlock code or someone is not telling the truth!?

gb22310

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 1020 on T-Mobile and it works great. Trying to get the unlock code for the 1520 I just got for my wife and not having any luck so far. I know you can buy them for 15 bucks or so, maybe better than spending another minute with ATT reps on the phone.

7anooof

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
you have to have att account, they made it very hard to get a phone unlocked. the whole system is down so you can't unlock through a third party.

if find a way please tell

Rodrigo Carvalho1

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Hm, I was wondering, would the AT&T version have the LTE band 7 as stated in the Microsoft Store website or not ? I am a AT&T costumer and I'll be back to my home country only 9 months from now, so I would be eligible to unlock it after 6 months I guess, but I don't know if it does have the band 7, AT&T website does not state it but Microsoft Store does, is that a mistake in one of the websites ?

Jeffrey Santos

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

oh, wow, thanks for that link! seriously considering placing an order now. lol

the only problem is, their website does not list the LTE bands that the model they are selling are compatible with (as is the case with ALL the other retailer websites, SMH). I am with a network that only offers band 3 (1800mhz) as its lte frequency -- Globe Telecoms in the Philippines.

I got this from a nokia blog:

Lumia 1520 RM-937, Global Variant
LTE: Band 1 (2100), Band 3 (1800), Band 7 (2600), Band 8 (900) & Band 20 (800)

Lumia 1520 RM-938, US Variant
LTE: Band 2 (1900), Band 4 (1700/2100), Band 5 (850), Band 7 (2600) & Band 17 (700)

So, obviously i need the RM-937 Global Variant for it to work here, anyone knows?

As for Rodrigo, i think AT&T version has band 7.

Rodrigo Carvalho1

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Also, if DTM feature and WCDM1700/2100 will be disabled in this model, does this mean that it will not work with HSDPA 1700/2100 too ? I'm still not sure about the band 7 as well, Microsoft Store is the only website that lists it.

Kha Bui

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
here is how I got them to unlock my phone, I really didn't try any tricks, I just read the requirements and I qualify, I bought my phone outright so it is not under contract.
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Here are the specifics.

Customer-Specific Requirements
• Postpaid Phones and Tablets with a Service Commitment: Account is in good standing (i.e., it has no past due amount or unpaid balance owed AT&T), and all contract obligations, including any Service Commitment, associated with the device to be unlocked have been fully satisfied. The Service Commitment associated with a given device may be satisfied in one of the following ways:◦ Fulfillment of the Service Commitment by expiration of any contractual term
◦ Upgrading to a new device under AT&T standard or early upgrade policies. Note: the customer must wait 14 days after the device upgrade has been completed to request an unlock of the previous device.
◦ Payment of any applicable Early Termination Fee

Postpaid Phones and Tablets with no Service Commitment: Account has been active for at least sixty days and is in good standing (i.e., it has no past due amount or unpaid balance owed AT&T).

Prepaid / GoPhones: Device has been active for at least 6 months.

Most of the reps I spoke to tried to tell me that I have to have the device active for six months (text in blue) but it isn't true. that applies only to gophones/prepaid phones.
What I tell them is that the account has been active for more than 60 days (blue text) and that the account is in good standing. Again it's the account that has to be active not the device. The reps don't understand the requirements properly and you might have to keep chatting till you find a rep that is able to understand the rule as it is written. Also I had to chat with someone from customer service and not international chat.

I tried this one, but when I entered my IMEI, it appears "Currently, this device cannot be unlocked". May be I should return the phone

OliverK

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I paid $300 to unlockitnow for 2 unlock codes but they just emailed me to tell me they can't get an unlock yet.

I'm going to have to just be patient and hope that over the next month those codes are available.

I'd pay someone here the same if they could get the unlocks!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I paid $300 to unlockitnow for 2 unlock codes but they just emailed me to tell me they can't get an unlock yet.

I'm going to have to just be patient and hope that over the next month those codes are available.

Are those the guys from Malta?

dexter228

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

Hi OliverK,

Have you tried this site? https://www.safeunlockcode.com/nokia/unlock-lumia-1520

They only charge $12.99. May be worth a shot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb