Nokia Lumia 1520 Unlocked

amb9800

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I can verify the link and service are good. They provided the unlock code in about five days and now my rm-940 is humming along on t-mobile with lte up to 30mbs! It does seem to be missing the 3g connection, but is at 4g or lte %97 of the time!
If it says "4G," that's the HSPA (3G) network, so that's great.

How about tethering, MMS, and visual voicemail?

05GT

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Just got my brand new ATT 1520 unlocked today by having a buddy at ATT get it for me. Using it right now on Tmobile. Wow, all I can say. Same speeds I was getting with my Tmobile Note 2. MMS works, text works, 35 down and 15 up.....wow wow wow
I even used the transfer contacts and texts app from the windows store and did it all through bluetooth. AMAZING

Any tweaks to APN settings or anything required to get MMS up and working?

roman_hess

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. This is my first post, I'm 16 and I'm German so please be patient. My uncle bought me a Lumia 1520 locked to AT&T after asking AT&T if they will unlock it and if it will work in Germany. He received it around the 20th of December. He called AT&T (he is a prior costumer) and asked them to unlock it. They said he has to wait up to 5 business days. Ok, sounded good so he travelled to Germany and gave me the phone (Christmas gift :p ). But then, we got some problems. We never heard something from AT&T again. No mail, no call, nothing. Back in the states, he called AT&T again and they said him they can't unlock it because we bought it from eBay (we paid full price) and because he is a prior customer (wtf?!). He called them once more, same result. Because I needed it unlocked I checked out some unlocking websites and finally found one: theunlockingcompany.com After waiting 5 days I got my unlocking code and it worked without any problems. Now I have a fully working Lumia 1520 AT&T in Germany with Vodafone DE for the half price (compared with the price in Germany). One final sentence: AT&T is a kind of ****, in Germany it's much more easier to unlock your phone.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I had AT&T unlock a friends 1520, I own 2 of them and had AT&T unlock both (Thanks AT&T for the free phones) Never had a problem with them unlocking phones, use to be able to do more than 5 a year, but they changed it...

wprocks

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I have just tried this method and now my phone is unlocked. I am not AT&T customer but I gave my friends' number and received unlock code in 15 minutes. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, with the online unlockers finally saying they can unlock a 1520, and with no word from T-Mo from WPC, I broke down and got myself an RM-940, 32GB.

Currently using a cut-down Red Pocket (ATT MVNO) SIM while waiting for the unlock code.

Jeebus, this thing is big. Had it sitting next to my nexus 7, and there's really not a lot of difference there.

sajith930

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Can be unlocked att L1520 bad imei phone for international use?

i have bad esn/imei L1520. I live in uk, can i unlock it for uk use ?

thanks

edl_2cool4u

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. This is my first post, I'm 16 and I'm German so please be patient. My uncle bought me a Lumia 1520 locked to AT&T after asking AT&T if they will unlock it and if it will work in Germany. He received it around the 20th of December. He called AT&T (he is a prior costumer) and asked them to unlock it. They said he has to wait up to 5 business days. Ok, sounded good so he travelled to Germany and gave me the phone (Christmas gift :p ). But then, we got some problems. We never heard something from AT&T again. No mail, no call, nothing. Back in the states, he called AT&T again and they said him they can't unlock it because we bought it from eBay (we paid full price) and because he is a prior customer (wtf?!). He called them once more, same result. Because I needed it unlocked I checked out some unlocking websites and finally found one: theunlockingcompany.com After waiting 5 days I got my unlocking code and it worked without any problems. Now I have a fully working Lumia 1520 AT&T in Germany with Vodafone DE for the half price (compared with the price in Germany). One final sentence: AT&T is a kind of ****, in Germany it's much more easier to unlock your phone.

A few weeks ago, I won an AT&T-locked Nokia Lumia 1520 from a contest at the Microsoft Store. I wanted to unlock the phone because I use PTEL Prepaid service, which is a T-Mobile MVNO. Of course, I had no luck unlocking my phone through AT&T, as I have never been a customer of theirs. They told me to contact the Microsoft Store, and later, to return or sell the phone. I was hesitant to use an unlocking service though, because of some of the complaints I had read about on the Internet.

After reading through this entire thread though, I decided to unlock my phone through theunlockingcompany.com, which is the same company that roman_hess mentioned earlier in his post. Their prices were low among the companies I considered 'legit', and I was impressed with the way they responded to customer comments on their Facebook page. I bought the standard 5-14 delivery time (although they offer an expedited order for about ten dollars more), and my code came within four days.

I just wanted to add my recommendation for their services, since phone unlocking can seem like the Wild West. Hopefully this will be helpful to anyone else who is hesitant to unlock their phone.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
A few weeks ago, I won an AT&T-locked Nokia Lumia 1520 from a contest at the Microsoft Store. I wanted to unlock the phone because I use PTEL Prepaid service, which is a T-Mobile MVNO. Of course, I had no luck unlocking my phone through AT&T, as I have never been a customer of theirs. They told me to contact the Microsoft Store, and later, to return or sell the phone. I was hesitant to use an unlocking service though, because of some of the complaints I had read about on the Internet.

After reading through this entire thread though, I decided to unlock my phone through theunlockingcompany.com, which is the same company that roman_hess mentioned earlier in his post. Their prices were low among the companies I considered 'legit', and I was impressed with the way they responded to customer comments on their Facebook page. I bought the standard 5-14 delivery time (although they offer an expedited order for about ten dollars more), and my code came within four days.

I just wanted to add my recommendation for their services, since phone unlocking can seem like the Wild West. Hopefully this will be helpful to anyone else who is hesitant to unlock their phone.

Thx for sharing. How does your phone work now? Does data, SMS, mms, etc work flawlessly? What about LTE?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb