Internet Sharing + MMS now working on AT&T 920 w/ USA T-Mobile SIM

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
So just got an Nokia 1520 unlocked for T mobile but the app Access Point is no longer available in the store for my phone. Is there any other way to download that app?

You can't find it in the store just by searching, you need the link. Use the app called sysapp pusher to get it.

Dallan Anderson

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
So did all the steps and my pictures messages are now working. However now my 4g internet is not working. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem?

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
So did all the steps and my pictures messages are now working. However now my 4g internet is not working. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem?
Not sure other than checking settings>cellular and making sure it's set to lte and reboot. I'm not having that problem on the 1020 with t-mobile.

Corey Roth1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I confirmed this works. I bought a Vodafone UK SIM card from Amazon. Costs a little more than the Orange one, but it doesn't have the $25 minimum requirement. The only down-side is that it's not a Micro SIM so I had to cut it down (carefully) to fit into the phone. Some quick scissor work and following the instructions exactly and I am up and running. Thanks for going through the effort to figure this out!

mfmkhatri

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I was able to make this work using Aljawal (AKA STC) SIM from Saudi Arabia.
Also, I am using simple mobile, not t-mobile, on unocked AT&T Lumia 920, flashed with Rogers Canada firmware.

heywhitmarsh

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I had the Verizon htc trophy a while ago and that phone shipped with a Vodafone/Verizon labelled sim.
I cut that sim down to micro size, put it in my unlocked at&t 920 with rogers rom and the internet sharing workaround worked as it should.
It also worked worked fine on an unlocked at&t lumia 1020.

This leads me to believe that any of the Vodafone/Verizon sim cards that Verizon used to ship with international capable phones before they had LTE will work.
If anyone else is successful with these Verizon sim cards let us know, those may be easier to come across in the US than foreign sims.

Let me clarify that a plain old Verizon sim WILL NOT WORK! it must be an international gsm sim that Verizon used for international phones before they needed sim cards for their own network.

aLeeQad

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to tell you i have been using lumia 920 for year and half never was able to use MMS or Internet (NOT TETHERING) for all this time. Recently I installed access point and now everything is working perfectly fine except internet tethering, now your steps asking me to uninstall access point (KEEP IN MIND I HAVE THAT CELLULAR APN SETTINGS FOR OVER YEAR AND NEVER WORKED FOR ME) i just don't wanna risk it because if it doesn't work i need access point back and its NOT available on store anymore and they took it out with black update!!! so my question is if its worth it or can you get access point back once uninstalled??

heywhitmarsh

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to tell you i have been using lumia 920 for year and half never was able to use MMS or Internet (NOT TETHERING) for all this time. Recently I installed access point and now everything is working perfectly fine except internet tethering, now your steps asking me to uninstall access point (KEEP IN MIND I HAVE THAT CELLULAR APN SETTINGS FOR OVER YEAR AND NEVER WORKED FOR ME) i just don't wanna risk it because if it doesn't work i need access point back and its NOT available on store anymore and they took it out with black update!!! so my question is if its worth it or can you get access point back once uninstalled??

SysApp Pusher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
this app will let you push access point to your phone.
Access point is available in the store it just can't be found by searching.

Also, this workaround will only work if your phone's firmware let's you change APN settings in the cellular settings menu.

sadude69

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the help here. For my Rogers Lumia 1020 unlocked, I used a PAK uFONE sim and was able to do everything as instructed. My MMS and Internet Sharing is working on T-Mobile now.

Let's hope I don't have to install access point again but I know I can always get it via sysapp.

FourT2

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Wow this worked on my 1020! I joined the forum just to say thank you!

OP, please add MTS (Ukraine) SIM card to the list of known working SIM cards for this procedure.

I got a 1020 recently and SIM unlocked it. Everything (internet, text, SMS) worked fine after just putting my T-Mobile SIM card. Except internet sharing. I called T-Mobile to add internet sharing to my account, and checked on my T-Mobile branded 8x that internet sharing indeed works before trying this. But internet sharing still didn't work. Then I found this thread.

At first I tried with the few SIM cards that I had without success. I ordered Orange micro SIM but a coworker kindly lend me his MTS SIM from Ukraine, and the steps worked without fail!

Getting 19 Mbps down, 12 Mbps up through LTE in Seattle, WA right now!

koopiskeva

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I updated my ATT (unlocked) Lumia 1020 to Windows 8.1 Developer Preview for use on T-Mobile USA.

This procedure no longer works to enable internet sharing. MMS works ok though. I'm using the same Orange UK sim card that allowed it to work previously on WP8.

Last edited:

silvertonesx24

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I updated my ATT (unlocked) Lumia 1020 to Windows 8.1 Developer Preview for use on T-Mobile USA.

This procedure no longer works to enable internet sharing. MMS works ok though. I'm using the same Orange UK sim card that allowed it to work previously on WP8.

Same here. ATT unlocked 920, updated to 8.1, MMS works but internet sharing doesn't. "there's no cellular data connection to share right now"

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Same here. ATT unlocked 920, updated to 8.1, MMS works but internet sharing doesn't. "there's no cellular data connection to share right now"
I had the same issue after factory reset without access point installed . To rectify it i had to install access point and then repeat the steps as mentioned by the OP and now it works. Tested it on my tablet and i get about 20 down 8 up.

koopiskeva

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue after factory reset without access point installed . To rectify it i had to install access point and then repeat the steps as mentioned by the OP and now it works. Tested it on my tablet and i get about 20 down 8 up.

On the 1020 (with WP8.1), I followed the steps exactly from the beginning as I had previously with WP8. Once I reach step 3 though, I notice that the T-Mobile US APN info is already in the cellular+sim settings. It seems that despite having access point try to overwrite the APN, once the T-mobile sim card is placed back in, all that info is re-populated.

Anybody else with an unlocked ATT 1020 that can confirm? I have not done a factory reset yet, that may be what I will try next.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans