Internet Sharing + MMS now working on AT&T 920 w/ USA T-Mobile SIM

calvano915

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
So after a days frustration with losing and trying to restore internet sharing on ATT rom I decided to flash to Rogers on my Red ATT 920. I updated all the way to cyan and then tried to add developers preview to latest. I kept experiencing a common error for that update so I reset to cyan and followed the guide the same way as I did before with adding access point while the foreign sim is installed, remove access point, boot with Tmob sim and it all works. Internet sharing with MMS with LTE etc Tmob. So totally worth the risks and another full day of work but I'm going to stick to waiting for OTA updates to avoid breaking something again.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
well folks, now we know what ATT 'tests' when they get a hold of the ROMs. "Let's see how we can reduce customer freedom of choice"

Bunch of scum lords. It's fine though, this is the last carrier branded phone I'll ever buy.

Interesting though, before when the sharing wouldn't work you wouldn't see your SSID or password at all, those things show, just get the Internet Sharing not available message now.

calvano915

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Came back to emphasize that unless someone finds an easier way, flashing to Rogers is a bit time consuming but fairly easy and eliminates the ATT bs. The only issue I have w Rogers is adding Dev Preview which is not a big deal to me. Can't post links, but in these forums just search for flashing 920 to rogers and you should find it.

trooters

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi Folks, sorry for long delay but my phone has been out of commission and finally repaired it. Just reflashed to Cyan and saw some luck in the following:

Cyan + latest version of access point 3.9.2.19 (Microsoft mobile).

I dropped in my subscriber SIM (not the foreign SIM) and let access point do its thing (just launch the app). Then sent myself an MMS photo to commit the settings, and then started internet sharing. And it actually worked!

If someone else would help me confirm these steps that would let me know if I am a special case or whether Microsoft actually fixed this for real.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
did not work here. I removed my APN settings under cellular first, then installed access point, sent an MMS to confirm, but no dice on internet sharing.

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I tried it, and internet sharing still doesn't work for me. I get the message that it's not part of my plan.

It looks like MMS is working though, so I am glad to get that back. A partial fix is better than nothing.

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Trooters,

Just re-reading your last post. I think I misunderstood. I tested the original fix, but it sounds like you did something more simple and it worked. You got your phone fixed, inserted your normal SIM, ran access point, sent MMS msg and internet sharing then worked. I just tried those same steps, and no luck.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
My daughter has a 920 also that we had applied the foreign SIM fix to, and for some reason, she was able to load Cyan/8.1 without breaking MMS/group texting. She doesn't use internet sharing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99