Nokia lumia 920 low light issue

Ravi Rajput

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
when i tried to take a picute in low light and the result is black pic .__. idk what to do i just bought this phone and its firmware version is 1232.5957.1308.001
should i update my phone? or how to take better picture in low light becuz its like low light function is not working in my phone :l:crying:

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Don't update!! Amber has f**** up the image processing and you will get horrible results when taking pictures. Try a soft reset, check camera setting to make sure you haven't set anything wrong.

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
low light photo means there is a light source but in "low" condition
but what I see is there is no light source in room you take photo
so it's normal become completly dark

with amber you will get higher ISO but yes it will more grainy and noise
but you can set up slow shutter speed like 2 or 4 seconds and set ISO to 100-200 to get bright and less grainy picture in low light (you need Nokia Camera for better camera setting + update to Amber)

to update just go to Settings and choose phone update. You need wi-fi connection and some time because it will take 1-2 hours in normal connection speed.

Ravi Rajput

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
low light photo means there is a light source but in "low" condition
but what I see is there is no light source in room you take photo
so it's normal become completly dark

with amber you will get higher ISO but yes it will more grainy and noise
but you can set up slow shutter speed like 2 or 4 seconds and set ISO to 100-200 to get bright and less grainy picture in low light (you need Nokia Camera for better camera setting + update to Amber)

to update just go to Settings and choose phone update. You need wi-fi connection and some time because it will take 1-2 hours in normal connection speed.

um can i download it with like data connection ?

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
well is there any other update for nokia 920?

well for me Amber update is not too bad, increase performace and stability of OS, sms and call block feature, FM radio, many more. Yes there are some issue with bad camera performance after Amber but if you don't mind about camera then go for Amber. But there are some rumours some country get more update for fix Camera issue in Amber update.

If you don't want update to Amber, you must wait Black update next year, maybe on February/March. I heard Camera issue will be fix in Black update next year.

update:
here is a blog compare about 920 camera performace before/after Amber update:
http://nokiatheone.com/2013/07/10/p...mage-quality-before-after-lumia-amber-update/

Last edited:

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hmm some strange things happened to my 928 yesterday. After being sick of the poor camera performance I've decided to try something, hoping I would be able to fix the issues as someone here on the forums posted some photos with his lumia 920.1 brand new with
Amber installed, and I must say those photos look perfect.
I have done these:
Soft reset phone
Removed Nokia Camera
Removed Nokia Glam Me (!!)
Reinstalled only Nokia Camera and Boom! Photos look way better now. I don't get it. What the heck was the problem? Was the Nokia Glam Me the problem??
Look at the photo taken with Nokia camera after the steps:
WP_20131125_09_49_43_Pro.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre