Lumia 929 release date now Dec 6

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
If that's true, then they're cutting it close. That's only two weeks away and we haven't heard anything about Nokia reserving anything to unveil it.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
That article got most of that information off of the WPcentral forums. Also Skinomi is releasing their skins for the 1520 on Dec 6th as well? Yet the 1520 is already out.
If that's true, then they're cutting it close. That's only two weeks away and we haven't heard anything about Nokia reserving anything to unveil it.
Nokia isn't going to do anything to unveil the 929. If anything Vzw will have some type of event, but knowing them it will just show up on their website one morning with no announcement or anything.

UncleGrandpa

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Henceforth...let's not post another single word about this ghost phone until Verizon has it for sale on their web site. (yeah...right)...

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
If I remember correctly the 928 didn't have any fancy event. It just appeared.

Although, the rumors and release date were announced at least a week in advance I think? Not to compare it to the 929, since the 929 hasn't been announced at all, I don't remember much of an event around it, but I think I saw a TV ad from Verizon. So Verizon did do a little bit of marketing for the first week or so through release. But no special keynote event. Which makes sense, since it's still part of the 92x series. It's not a flagship. And only coming to 1 carrier.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
MJF stated last Thursday on Windows Weekly that she has heard it may not get released this year at all and may slip till after the new year. Not sure if that was accurate and even if it was, things could have changed since then. But, that is what she was hearing last week. Just thought I would let you guys know.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
MJF stated last Thursday on Windows Weekly that she has heard it may not get released this year at all and may slip till after the new year. Not sure if that was accurate and even if it was, things could have changed since then. But, that is what she was hearing last week. Just thought I would let you guys know.

Huh, missed that, and I am a fairly dedicated WinWeekly listener.

I am bummed, only because of here I am, contract gone, and we may have to make a move to Big Red. The 1520 is looking more and more like the only offering we are going to get this year and maybe even prior to WP 8.1. I can't reason out using my upgrade on the older WP 8's, on either network.

Here I sit, enjoying my L900, but wanting those WP8 goodies. The L929 would be perfect for me if we move to Verizon.

Unless, of course, it is a 5 month early April fools joke, and Nokia just hasn't stopped laughing long enough to let us know.....

lfanb

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Didn't the author of this site say after the Nokia event that the 929 wouldn't be released until first quarter? That was somewhere in the comments or on the site, don't remember which....

Maanasee Deshmukh

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Didn't the author of this site say after the Nokia event that the 929 wouldn't be released until first quarter? That was somewhere in the comments or on the site, don't remember which....
Daniel Rubino said that on one of his tweets... however, i think we should all remain hopeful that the L929 will come out near thanksgiving and at the least near christmas/end of the year...
Don't give up hope guys! This phone will come out! Just hopefully in time for the holidays... That would be nice :)

GazooAz

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

If this phone is not out soon its a 1520 for me. my contract with T mobile is up and the have crap support for windows phone.

Digital Chris

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Yea its pretty much a done deal for me... at att right now the 1520 is 100 bucks and you get the new nokia tablet for 200 that's win freaking win.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I think they dropped the ball big time. They had momentum, they had media coverage and they big apps being released. How do they capitalize on It, by releasing 1 new phone that is a niche product on 1 carrier for the whole quarter. Big big mistake and I think it will come back to haunt them. Momentum will be killed.

Can't go this long without new flagships especially through the holidays when you finally have some good things happening. Completely mishandled by all involved.

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Or put 8.1 on it and just call it the 930 (and release it internationally). There really is no point releasing another 2x device this late.

But if they call it the 930 and release internationally, Verizon won't get it. Verizon's Lumias have always been exclusives, and lacking color and striking design. So I'm hoping they release this in December instead of pushing it to 2014 because I don't think Nokia would have enough coverage or momentum with this phone. They will need something more for a flagship in the Spring.

I would like Verizon to get a flagship worldwide Lumia like other countries do, but historically that has never been the case, so I doubt it will happen. But yeah, I'd love for that to happen. I'd wait for that in the Spring if it were the case, but it doesn't look likely :(

You also just made me really excited for 8.1 :D because regardless of when the 929 comes out, you know it will get upgraded to 8.1 if 8.1 is coming in the Spring. So that will make the phone even better. Very exciting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb