Lumia 929 release date now Dec 6

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Probably just like how Lumia 525 was announced today:)

Yeah that's what I'm expecting. Which I would be fine with. I don't need a major event. But I think it would sell more units if more people knew about it. But Windows Phone on Verizon hasn't warranted a big expensive event so that's why I'm not expecting one. If I wake up one morning and hear the 929 was announced, I'd be totally ecstatic :D

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Well a black friday deal has the lumia 928 free with contract, so maybe they're are going to try and blow out the final inventory of it..

Maanasee Deshmukh

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
You also just made me really excited for 8.1 :D because regardless of when the 929 comes out, you know it will get upgraded to 8.1 if 8.1 is coming in the Spring. So that will make the phone even better. Very exciting.
yeah i can't wait for Windows 8.1! and i believe all Lumia starting at the L600's get the update???

Maanasee Deshmukh

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Well a black friday deal has the lumia 928 free with contract, so maybe they're are going to try and blow out the final inventory of it..
im really hoping that that's their motive for doing that... they must be clearing the way for the L929?
This might be off topic, but lets hope that there are some decent cases for the Lumia 929 when it comes out PLZ! :D ... L928 hardly had any, save for the Trident

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't know which devices will get Windows Phone 8.1. If it was mentioned, I forgot all about it. But I assume the recent 92x series will absolutely get it. Windows Phone has always been pretty great at being able to run new updates and feel like it has new life breathed into it. But I don't think we know for sure which devices will get it. The dev team is being very quiet about 8.1.

As for cases, I hope so, too, but then again, I've never really used cases because of the bulk and many are ugly. And since I work in design, I can be a tad bit picky, haha. But I agree the 928 cases never really appealed to me, and there were only a few. But for a niche phone in only 1 market, I can understand the lack of cases (as much as I wish there were more).

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft said all currrent WP8 devices would be upgradable to their next OS. I really hope this is true. I have convinced several people to buy Lumia x20 phones, and they will have my head if upgrades suddenly end.

Maanasee Deshmukh

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft said all currrent WP8 devices would be upgradable to their next OS. I really hope this is true. I have convinced several people to buy Lumia x20 phones, and they will have my head if upgrades suddenly end.
Don't worry, your head isn't going anywhere shmsnh :D its confirmed by Nokia that all phones will be upgradable to windows 8.1 (quoted by a spokesperson from Nokia)

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Personally, if the size matches up to being just slightly bigger than the 928, and all the other specs are correct, this is going to be a great device, and the one I am willing to renew my contract for. I don't know what any phone in the next 6 months can do to really top these specs other than maybe shoehorning in the 1020's camera without adding bulk. Other than that, there really isn't much in the way of spec upgrades coming in the next 6 months from any phone maker. So other than Windows 8.1, I don't think we'll see any must have features coming in the near future.

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Looks like Skinomi? made some updates on Amazon.

Whereas the skins were set for release for both the L1520 and L929 on December 6th, it is now December 20th for the L929 and "in stock" for the L1520.

My wait continues. I feel like I'm 8 years old again waiting for Christmas!

Maanasee Deshmukh

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Looks like Skinomi? made some updates on Amazon.

Whereas the skins were set for release for both the L1520 and L929 on December 6th, it is now December 20th for the L929 and "in stock" for the L1520.

My wait continues. I feel like I'm 8 years old again waiting for Christmas!

And just in time for Christmas this is great! Thank you for the update Zippier :)

Sent from my device using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb