Touch Screen Too Sensitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I updated my extras app today and I'm still getting the high sensitivity. Also, today my screen did this weird high contrast inverted thing. It corrected itself with a shut off/on though.

My friend said the inverted colors happened to his 1520 once or twice since he got it.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I updated my extras app today and I'm still getting the high sensitivity. Also, today my screen did this weird high contrast inverted thing. It corrected itself with a shut off/on though.
this is a bug with glance background beta as it does this every now and again on my 920. If I am correctly assuming about what your talking about

wsrobert

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The same here. Sometimes is annoying.

Yeah. It seems improved but not completely. Most annoying when I'm browsing a playlist while a songs playing and my swipe is registered as a touch and changes the damn song!

It also just makes me apprehensive when using the device. Feeling like I'm always going to accidentally open something. Just a pain in the ***.

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Just have to be more deliberate in your touches, less graceful in swiping. However taps are not always recognized.
I also find the cursor loses it's place if I touch the screen above the keyboard.

lemonsteveo

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Talking to Nokia Care on Twitter, but I doubt it will solve anything. Hopefully can get them to raise this issue and get Nokia to create a patch quickly.

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I are experiencing the same problem, I talked to customer service about it and hopefully it will get resolved soon!

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I suppose its feature, rather than a bug.. We have to be used too.. Its respose of touch.. Unlike Samsung, its highly responsive. I High touch settings, we can swipe in air to use phone, its just amazing.
Use 2 figures to swipe.. Its works well...

Sent from Tapatalk Lumia 625 GDR3

chocka

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
It looks like when the device wakes up from standby, the first swipe is getting registered as tap. In fact, I tried deliberately slow scroll and the screen refused to scroll. Subsequent swipes are working fine. Weird.

Jerrycw

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Just have to be more deliberate in your touches, less graceful in swiping. However taps are not always recognized.
I also find the cursor loses it's place if I touch the screen above the keyboard.

I also got my cursor in wrong place when I try to edit my typing errors. Its difficult to set the cursor to the precise character.

mcgheen2

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
NOTICE!! I believe we have a fix for this!! I have also updated my Extras+Info with no luck to fixing the screen sensitivity. However 5 days later I decided to look into this more because of how annoying it is. After playing with it for a few my sensitivity is now fixed!! Please follow the steps below it worked for my 1520 hopefully it will work on yours.

1. Force update to Extras+Info in the app store if you have not already.
2. After update reboot the 1520.
3. Go to System Settings > Touch, once in there toggle the Touch Sensitivity (either to Normal or High) and back out of touch settings.
4. Reboot phone one last time.

This should fix the sensitivity on the screen. I believe the update was the fix for the screen sensitivity, however the "extremely high" firmware sensitivity was stuck until you toggle it out of what ever touch sensitivity mode you were in. :smile:

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
@mcgheen2
Oddly enough, I did, in fact, have an update for Extras+Info. Followed your advice. Hoping the issue is resolved. Thanks.

Update: Well, it does appear that this "fix" has a significant impact on the sensitivity issue. I've been using my 1520 for the past hour and a half without a single issue. Pretty pleased. Will update again if anything changes.

Update 2: Twelve hours later, and I have not experienced the sensitivity issue again. Is it due to the update or my adapting to the issue???

This is my second 1520. I took the first one back to the AT&T store this past Wednesday and exchanged it for the one I have now. The sensitivity issue came with this device as well.

Last edited:

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
What version is the extras + info update? I just used the sysapp pusher, it says no update. Maybe its not available for me just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans