Touch Screen Too Sensitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I go by you make something you do it right, you mess up you do what you need to.

In the world today times have changed (not for the better but its how it is) people work long hrs on a Sunday (when I was young that was a no no) and now the way firms work there is room for work everyday of the year, but yes, it should be by choice, but again there is many out there who work days most would not because they want/need the money.

True dont force people to work over this time, but if you have the money and people are willing to take it (its not even Xmas for some religions...my wifes Xmas is not until Jan 7th lol, I even asked her for the hell of it, if work paid you extra to work a few hrs on 25th Dec would you...yes, if we needed the money) then pay them and start to correct the issues..

I will always be a person of "if you fu$% up, you put it right....not tomorrow, not when I can, now" and I am sure if Nokia had dealings with a firm who screwed them over they would be soooo understanding and let them get back to them once they had a break.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Mark, if you think there aren't people who volunteer to work these days at Nokia or Microsoft you're quite mistaken.

However it's a small bit of the workforce, not a large part, so that means work does indeed continue, but not necessarily at a pace that seems to satisfy you. Heck I voluntarily worked on holidays before at MS as a contractor (and without additional pay I might add) to make sure folks on Live had a good experience.

Sorry, but it seems off like you acting a bit entitled to their very souls and rights...and that's not ok.

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I've had a few swipes misinterpreted as a touch gesture but nothing that would make me return my 1520 or even worry about it. I think people get upset over the smallest things.

flyneo

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I am curious: have you guys tried factory reset your phone? So here is my story: I didn't notice this problem until I installed the newest att update. It was so bad that made one of my news apps impossible to use. Last night I did a factory reset and this problem is almost gone - the false click only happens 1 in 50 scroll actions (it used to be 1 in 3 in that news app).

Another thing that did change after the factory reset is the environmental temperature and the humidity: it's getting warmer here. If this problem appears again when the coldness comes back, I would treat it as a hardware problem and return/exchange my phone.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've had a few swipes misinterpreted as a touch gesture but nothing that would make me return my 1520 or even worry about it. I think people get upset over the smallest things.

It might appear like people are losing their cool over nothing, but in any given 5 minute span of time using my 1520, the swipe/tap issue occurs between 5 to 10 times, especially while navigating the start screen and when in apps that require lots of scrolling through clickable articles...news apps and such. Instagram is a pain as well. I spend quite a bit of time"unliking" posts because my swipes are registered as taps so often. It becomes pretty annoying....I can put up with it, but for such a high-quality, somewhat expensive device, it's disappointing to say the least. This is my second 1520 with the issue. Number 3 is in the mail. :)

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Its almost like there is a delay you have to leave you finger on longer for the swipe to be a swipe......typing is flawless so tapping is fine.....

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
TBH its Nokia thats bugging me more than the phone, lets face it this time next year I will be on with another phone...unsure who with though.

What I am entitled to (as others) is a fully working product....thats all, nothing more, nothing less, and trust me, from reading some other posts I am very calm :) I just cannot stand any company who these days seem to rush a product out without the correct QC, and to make it worse give the customers the silent treatment (Nokia not the only ones mind, Samsung did the same with the SGS4)

I would rather wait a month or two extra for a firm to QC the product right, would save me the time of coming on here to stand on my soap box lol I would also have more respect for a firm to come forward and keep us up to date with news, because even that helps.

Like the issue I have now, just bought a not so cheap screen protector, but its sat in its box......do I put it on only to find that I have to return the phone......or put it on and hope a update will fix it? just a simple thing like that, but it could mean me needing to pay out another ?20 to replace it.

Going off topic really....will end with "NOKIA FIX it or I am telling Santa you have been bad"

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
It might appear like people are losing their cool over nothing, but in any given 5 minute span of time using my 1520, the swipe/tap issue occurs between 5 to 10 times, especially while navigating the start screen and when in apps that require lots of scrolling through clickable articles...news apps and such. Instagram is a pain as well. I spend quite a bit of time"unliking" posts because my swipes are registered as taps so often. It becomes pretty annoying....I can put up with it, but for such a high-quality, somewhat expensive device, it's disappointing to say the least. This is my second 1520 with the issue. Number 3 is in the mail. :)

I've used mine for hours in various applications and can honestly say I haven't experienced problems with the gestures like you have. Like I said, it'll occasionally happen to me but nothing that is too bothersome. I also tend to keep my display clean and free of smudges as much as possible, that may be a factor.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I am curious: have you guys tried factory reset your phone? So here is my story: I didn't notice this problem until I installed the newest att update. It was so bad that made one of my news apps impossible to use. Last night I did a factory reset and this problem is almost gone - the false click only happens 1 in 50 scroll actions (it used to be 1 in 3 in that news app).

Another thing that did change after the factory reset is the environmental temperature and the humidity: it's getting warmer here. If this problem appears again when the coldness comes back, I would treat it as a hardware problem and return/exchange my phone.

1 in 50 is still bad, seen some say its fixed 100%, some say its now 1 in 200....and yes some say problem is back just as bad.

And remember this, when you come to sell the phone, and the new owner has the issue appear, well then he/she might start asking for their money back, so I would aim for a fully working phone.

With any FW update I would always say hard reset, slight pain but worth it.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
1 in 50 is still bad, seen some say its fixed 100%, some say its now 1 in 200....and yes some say problem is back just as bad.

And remember this, when you come to sell the phone, and the new owner has the issue appear, well then he/she might start asking for their money back, so I would aim for a fully working phone.

With any FW update I would always say hard reset, slight pain but worth it.

I sell my phone back to the carriers for credit, so no problem there for me. I usually don't do hard resets unless I spot a particular issue that I can't fix otherwise.

Then again I know people that say to also wipe drivers completely clean off a system and never install drivers over the top (PC stuff)...but they usually end up with more issues than I do.

Just goes to show...mileage may vary.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've used mine for hours in various applications and can honestly say I haven't experienced problems with the gestures like you have. Like I said, it'll occasionally happen to me but nothing that is too bothersome. I also tend to keep my display clean and free of smudges as much as possible, that may be a factor.

Well, I'm jealous of you. Ha ha ha :) I agree, it's no deal breaker. I think I have adapted my gestures/swipes/taps somewhat, so I'm good with the phone; but the issue still happens to me quite a bit. I baby my phones, so cleanliness is not an issue. I read an interesting comment above, however, that pointed out the fact that it doesn't happing while typing/tapping letters. It seems to be an issue when navigating apps and the start screen. Anyway, I'm glad yours is working somewhat more correctly than others. Hoping my new one does as well. Cheers.

elitejedimaster

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Typing has never been a problem for my 2 phones either, it's mainly when I'm scrolling through my start screen and triggering an inadvertent app open, or clicking on a link on a web page while scrolling it, but it's enough to annoy me for having to back out of it and find where I was again.

I'm getting phone #3 sent this week, and it's going to be a red one this time, hopefully it'll be from an unaffected group.

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
for me its very simple..i paid 540 plus tax and shipping. I did my part now Nokia do there's and give me the product that I pay for in the correct working manner. simple.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
for me its very simple..i paid 540 plus tax and shipping. I did my part now Nokia do there's and give me the product that I pay for in the correct working manner. simple.

I agree with this. I think they should work to make sure the bugs are fixed. The only thing I've said slightly different is that I have no problem with Nokia letting their employees enjoy the holidays and then get back to work. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo