Touch Screen Too Sensitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I feel the same and I already have scratches because I took of my screen protector because Nokia suggested it....i just want a working phone with no compromises.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Well from the amount of worldwide owners on the thread I would go with the international version, though I would not be shocked if another smaller one hits AT&T around the same time, that way it would bring them on par with each other....just a guess.

I hope they are using the extra time for other little fixes that are needed....and think on, the AT&T update did not fix all phones, some still have the issue after update (I hope its a small %) lets hope this is a newer version with a better success rate.

It would be nice if a camera fix lands in Jan

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
On that note, anyone heard any talk of a camera update to fix the horrible low light video performance? one guy said he heard something but not what or where lol

eak1570

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem too and today I just went to AT&T to exchange the new one and I got lucky this problem is completely gone...maybe the first shipment got this issue...

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Got my third 1520 today...AT&T white. Previously had two black models. The screen sensitivity issue is way better. Still there but better. The screen dimming issue is completely gone. Yay! 😊

Edit: So after a day or so, the screen sensitivity has come back. It was slow to build, but it is now the same as my first two 1520s. Good news is the screen dimming has not returned.

Last edited:

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Got my third 1520 today...AT&T white. Previously had two black models. The screen sensitivity issue is way better. Still there but better. The screen dimming issue is completely gone. Yay! ��

Edit: So after a day or so, the screen sensitivity has come back. It was slow to build, but it is now the same as my first two 1520s. Good news is the screen dimming has not returned.

Good news on the Dimming :?)
Also looks more like software now
Thank you for the Heads up :?)

P.S. Nokia has updated info here
http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-Lumia/Lumia-1520-Screen-Sensitivity/td-p/2278919/page/5

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Returned mine for a refund with a heavy heart as it is a sensational device, however I can't play handset roulette with a ?600 device (UK) as I am still not convinced this is merely software related.

I am now back to my trusted 920, no touch issues whatsoever.

Will repurchase when I am convinced that they have ironed out all issues, end of January from the looks of things, by then we may even have some indication of a 5" 1080p global device.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Returned mine for a refund with a heavy heart as it is a sensational device, however I can't play handset roulette with a ?600 device (UK) as I am still not convinced this is merely software related.

I am now back to my trusted 920, no touch issues whatsoever.

Will repurchase when I am convinced that they have ironed out all issues, end of January from the looks of things, by then we may even have some indication of a 5" 1080p global device.

Ive got till 31st Jan to chuck it back at Amazon - So im keeping it till then hoping for a fix
I gave my android note 2 away for xmas pressy <DOH!> :?)

GK Wong

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Extremely frustrated with the touch screen. Having to restart to make it better then the problem will get serious again after few days. When playing music and scrolling the playlist it suddenly changed the music and is damn **** off for me! Hopefully the firmware update will complete fix this issue.

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I put in a request for a repair and got an email saying their systems down... WTF even their systems not working.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Update.....4 request for a repair and no email with packing slip. They keep telling me they have no request from me although I have the emails saying I made a request. They couldn't even find the request that they processed yesterday for me. So over Nokia at this point...This is my first and last phone by this company.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Update.....4 request for a repair and no email with packing slip. They keep telling me they have no request from me although I have the emails saying I made a request. They couldn't even find the request that they processed yesterday for me. So over Nokia at this point...This is my first and last phone by this company.

Try and tweet @nokiahelps tbh I have had more luck with that when it comes to getting info/help

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Try and tweet @nokiahelps tbh I have had more luck with that when it comes to getting info/help

OMG for the fourth time they cant find the requst...but she could see I need a packing slip. She told me that she would check on it but it should be emailed out. I asked to speak to a supervisor. After 20 min on hold I was told they were busy but the packing slip department suggested that I pay for overnight shipping to them and they would repair it then send it back to me. I lost my mind. First I get a phone that's defective I call and follow their directions and reset the phone then I call back to get it sent for repairs ( meanwhile I buy a phone to have while this one out). I get an email x3 telling it a system issue I call x4 to get it fixed and then they can't find any request then you suggest I pay for overnight shipping on top of no supervisor a broken Nokia system and a defective 500 phone. Seriously! Finally the send me a packing slip and tell me we also need your receipt too. I bought it off ebay I don't have the original receipt..........ugh. she says oh okay well its still under warranty so it should be fine. Fml

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
OMG for the fourth time they cant find the requst...but she could see I need a packing slip. She told me that she would check on it but it should be emailed out. I asked to speak to a supervisor. After 20 min on hold I was told they were busy but the packing slip department suggested that I pay for overnight shipping to them and they would repair it then send it back to me. I lost my mind. First I get a phone that's defective I call and follow their directions and reset the phone then I call back to get it sent for repairs ( meanwhile I buy a phone to have while this one out). I get an email x3 telling it a system issue I call x4 to get it fixed and then they can't find any request then you suggest I pay for overnight shipping on top of no supervisor a broken Nokia system and a defective 500 phone. Seriously! Finally the send me a packing slip and tell me we also need your receipt too. I bought it off ebay I don't have the original receipt..........ugh. she says oh okay well its still under warranty so it should be fine. Fml

Bit different, but I cannot get them to stop calling me lol I had the issue with the ?20 app voucher, could not get it to work so I spoke to them and they said they would take my details and call me.
The issue was sorted by email a few days later, but then I got a call, asking about issue and how to sort it, told them its ok its all done...thanks.
I have now had 4 more calls off them asking if I have a voucher issue lol keep telling them its sorted but keep getting calls.

Anyway back to topic....this update cannot come soon enough, just hope to sorts more than just the screen issue, and seeing as its a worldwide update I think it might fix a few things.

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Does this affect all 1520s? I was thinking of buying one but a bit worried about this issue. Might wait and see if it get's fixed through a software update...

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Does this affect all 1520s? I was thinking of buying one but a bit worried about this issue. Might wait and see if it get's fixed through a software update...

From what i read its not all of them unless people are in denial
But I have faith that the over sensitive digitizer hardware can be controlled with a firmware patch

But.... If it was me i would wait 2 weeks and see how much ranting and shouting I get up to here (or happy smiles)

:?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel