Touch Screen Too Sensitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I didn't expect a "Collection of Apps" (Extras+Info) to fix this "double tap" instead of "Swipe" Bug
It might be able to fix the issue in a few apps that it supplies but I don't belive a generic fix can happen at this level

It will need the promised Firmware update 3rd/4th week January (Hardware issue needing a low level patch)

People that believe it has fixed it for them are probably right in the short term - but it will creep back in the next day or so believe me
Placebo and soft reset effects :?)

P.S anyways it didn't help me - I still get the double tap issue

none of the previous "fixes" helped but this one made the bug disappeare completely on mine. I don't think this is just placebo effect as I could easily reproduce the problem and now I can't.

Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro2_936 using Tapatalk

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Sounds really impressive :?) but
I have been here before, I did a hard reset and it was perfect for 1 day then it went down the pan again

Time will tell I guess but
Nothing mentioned in Extras+Info app has any bearing on screen sensitivity at all
Unless they hide other fixes from view

Anyways I will STFU

Brian Richman

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Nokia/Microsoft outside of the USA not rolled out the firmware fix for these sensitivity issues yet... US users got this a while back now...

Nokia staff on the Nokia support forum were EXPLICIT about the fix and it rolling out:

AZ.jpg

lemonsteveo

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
what are you talking about? The fix was released two days ago globally.

New firmware has not been released globally, only the software updates to Extras+Info. Nobody is sure it fixes it for good though as there were was no information on the app update itself.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
New firmware has not been released globally, only the software updates to Extras+Info. Nobody is sure it fixes it for good though as there were was no information on the app update itself.

I agree Brian Richman 's post was the most informative for a bit it explains we are waiting for a Firmware Over the air patch not a small app from the appstore called "Extras+Info"

anyway my "double tap" instead of "swipe" is coming back faster and faster like I predicted, after a soft reset it always calms down for a bit here, after a hard reset it disappears for almost a day.

Its almost as if its calibrating itself over time but gets it wrong and makes it worse.

So new firmware Nokia ... Bring it on please :?)

GK Wong

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Normally after a reboot or a reset with VolDown+Power button will help a bit with this issue. It will come back after 12hours or a day...
The recent Extra+Info did help a bit but is not an actual fix. We need firmware update!

zwuncki

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site

Didn't fix it. Fixed it for a day, now the double-tap issues are back (take sometimes 5 times, esp. when not holding in the hand).

I wonder why a fix seems to be there for only a day. Normally you would believe a bug is there or it's not. Not that it appears after a day without a reason.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Didn't fix it. Fixed it for a day, now the double-tap issues are back (take sometimes 5 times, esp. when not holding in the hand).

I wonder why a fix seems to be there for only a day. Normally you would believe a bug is there or it's not. Not that it appears after a day without a reason.

Completely gone on mine!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Has there been any other information about a fix other then that one statement? Seems everyone is hanging their hat on that one statement . Has anyone got any other conformation?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
This was a two part reply from @Nokiahelps

Hi. There are currently no SW updates released for the 1520 in UK, but you may try to check for updates for the

Extras + Info by scanning the app code shown at this link: Nokia Windows Phone 8 App Updates - Nokia Support Discussions . Let us know the outcome.^CG

Hi TBH I don't think they have the knowledge or incentive to help with this
I have a very long thread with them that is not worth quoting
They were talking about "released" which is true but...
"pending release" they would not know or be able to comment on

They try to help hard but its out of their league

We need official reply here or just wait :?(

Mac

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Almost 3 days - remains fixed. Those who still have the issue might want to get their phones exchanged

Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro2_936 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99