Touch Screen Too Sensitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I hate that some people are still dealing with this. The issue on my phone is gone and hasn't returned thankfully.

Well it might be about to get worse, it all rests on the update fixing the issue, if we get it and the issue is still there then its a hardware issue....and Nokia will have known this all to well.

We will either soon be happy with the screen, or all asking about return/refund.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
At this point I am really trying to figure out whether this is a true hardware issue or a software one.

We will all know after update, they claim its the fix, so if it fails, well then its a hardware issue as if it was software we would all get the same results.

If it works then fine.....bit late but ok, but if it fails, thats a load of phones getting sent back and I think many will not buy Nokia again.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

harmon rabb

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
On normal sensitivity, I do not have this problem on my 1520. It's still more sensitive than my past phones, but I adapted in about the first 10 minutes of use. Not a big deal at all.

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
On normal sensitivity, I do not have this problem on my 1520. It's still more sensitive than my past phones, but I adapted in about the first 10 minutes of use. Not a big deal at all.

Yeah, I think the same, not a big deal at all ... and I am using high sensitivity ... well, I am expecting some fine tuning in a next fw update

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
sadly nokia don't monitor this forum officially :?(

Actual they don't even officially monitor my thread ...
Official statement for the 1520 "Double-Tap" inste... - Nokia Support Discussions
either (its user to user) :?(

there is no real official forum so we are all at their mercy as to when and even if etc :?(
I've given up its a sad state of affairs.!!!!

They check this one, been a few words from them but not much.

Lumia 1520 Screen Sensitivity - Page 8 - Nokia Support Discussions

cylent

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
We will all know after update, they claim its the fix, so if it fails, well then its a hardware issue as if it was software we would all get the same results.

If it works then fine.....bit late but ok, but if it fails, that's a load of phones getting sent back and I think many will not buy Nokia again.

and it also means i lost $600 ... literally. cause where i am in the world there is no return policy ... repair also costs money.

i was considering buying an HTC today because i cant even use Facebook ... every time i would scroll up or down it would keep registering my scrolling as "taps" ...

very very bad, Nokia!

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
why dont you tell us how you managed to fix this problem so we can close this thread and move on?

I wish I could. There was an update to one of the Nokia system apps a week or so ago, and it fixed the issue for some, and apparently didn't for others.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
The extra/info helped many....but after a few days many of the same people said the issue was back.

The fix Nokia have spoken of is due any day now (dont hold your breath though) and its said to be a worldwide update (might fix more than just the screen)

Lloydbm4

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
The extra/info helped many....but after a few days many of the same people said the issue was back.

The fix Nokia have spoken of is due any day now (dont hold your breath though) and its said to be a worldwide update (might fix more than just the screen)

Just got my 1520 a couple days ago, got an update yesterday, and have only noticed a random tap instead of swipe once or twice when I was scrolling down the list of apps. Otherwise, phone is perfect.
And I have a Nexus 7 (2013 version) so I know what bad touch input is. The Nexus 7 is really bad.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Just got my 1520 a couple days ago, got an update yesterday, and have only noticed a random tap instead of swipe once or twice when I was scrolling down the list of apps. Otherwise, phone is perfect.
And I have a Nexus 7 (2013 version) so I know what bad touch input is. The Nexus 7 is really bad.

The random tap instead of swipe bug/hardware problem gets worse over time - see you in a day or two :?:)?(
P.S. love the avatar :?) hehe

cylent

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
this problem or rather problems doesnt appear on the HTC devices with the same version of windows phone ...

meaning? probably hardware!

cylent

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Quick discovery i found -- if you scroll up and down real fast it'll always 90% of the time always fails and registers a tap. to demonstrate: go to settings, now quickly slide your finger up and down real fast and it'll always every time select an item instead of scrolling-- this behaviour is sooo normal on all touch screen devices and thus this problem should not happen.

i plan to to purchase a htc wp if i can find one today and will test this out.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I think its 'kind of' hardware with different batches of digitizers having different sensitivities

This would explain the varying levels of symptoms
from lots of multi-characters when typing to the "only happens once a week" person

I believe the different batches need different calibrations
I think it tries to calibrate them over time but fails and that explains why they get worse every day after a soft reset

With a bit of luck it can be controlled via software.
anyways I am just guessing and I gave up on this personally.

c232.gif

Last edited:

cylent

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
well i went out and got me a htc 8s today and its literally brilliant. even though its only got a small 4inch screen and only 4gigs of storage. very awful but hey its only $200 dollars and its got WP8 on it ...

this is until nokia gets its act together and fix this screen problem.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
well i went out and got me a htc 8s today and its literally brilliant. even though its only got a small 4inch screen and only 4gigs of storage. very awful but hey its only $200 dollars and its got WP8 on it ...

this is until nokia gets its act together and fix this screen problem.

very nice and a sensible idea :?)

Attachments

• c232.gif
    c232.gif
    116.8 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members