Touch Screen Too Sensitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcinKe

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes a joke, knew all to well Nokia would let us down, no coms off them, left in the dark.
They completely ignored us. As I previously said, I understand that there are problems, but I will never understand their ignorance and lack of support.

Looks like 1520 is going to be my last Nokia :(

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, said it before but unless this update lands very soon and it sorts the screen and improves low light videos, this will be my last (and 1st) windows phone.

I know people say updates will come, and the issues will be fixed, but what use is that when it takes them months and months, some people dont even keep the phone long enough to see the updates happen.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, said it before but unless this update lands very soon and it sorts the screen and improves low light videos, this will be my last (and 1st) windows phone.

I know people say updates will come, and the issues will be fixed, but what use is that when it takes them months and months, some people dont even keep the phone long enough to see the updates happen.

Totally agree when my refund comes I don't think I will reinvest unless I see some input from nokia - treating us a bit better

Jerrycw

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

totally agree and I have the same feeling. This is going to be my first and last lumia/windows phone. I'm going back to iPhone after this no matter how exceptional the next Lumia camera is. The touch problem happens few times a day and it wasted my time on correcting the wrong touches.
And i thought the 1520 was worth a switch, Microsoft once again has broken my heart.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Anyone using preview for developers? It is updated today, so maybe someone can get updates? Anyone with the global 1520 tried to update while activating the developer preview program?

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Anyone using preview for developers? It is updated today, so maybe someone can get updates? Anyone with the global 1520 tried to update while activating the developer preview program?

Be nice to hear news on this, might be what we are after or nothing at all, either way we are left guessing yet again.

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am bit miffed by how this has been handled as I returned mine precisely because of this issue hoping it would be fixed so I could dive back in (for the record: I absolutely adore this device).

I can fully understand the frustration of existing owners as in my case the phone was borderline unusable.

MarcinKe

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I am bit miffed by how this has been handled as I returned mine precisely because of this issue hoping it would be fixed so I could dive back in (for the record: I absolutely adore this device).

I can fully understand the frustration of existing owners as in my case the phone was borderline unusable.
Mine is not that bad. I can still use it and it does not happen too often. I also love the device otherwise and if the problem got fixed I would say it is the best device I ever owned.

cylent

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
damn you guys are so patient. its february 2nd. nokia lied. what else is new?

whats funny is this maybe something so simple like a small tweak in a file (setting)

maybe we should post on the microsoft windows phone forums?

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
damn you guys are so patient. its february 2nd. nokia lied. what else is new?

whats funny is this maybe something so simple like a small tweak in a file (setting)

maybe we should post on the microsoft windows phone forums?

Just post here Lumia 1520 Screen Sensitivity - Page 10 - Nokia Support Discussions

That is the only page Nokia read and answer.......not often though, and for me they can take as long as they like, just makes more people mad and spread bad press....sure way to lose customers.

kertong

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey folks,

I don't know if this is a typical experience or not, so take it with a grain of salt - but what happened for me leads me to believe this may actually be a hardware issue / tolerance defect rather than a software issue. Perhaps they can "correct" it in software, but it seems not all phones are affected.

Last week, I picked up a black Lumia 1520. I was deciding between the black or white, and at first the store employee said there were no white ones - he then checked in the back and said "oh, we just got the white ones in". I still went with black.

Immediately, I noticed 1/20 swipes would tap instead, launching unintentional apps, etc. It wasn't that bad, but the more I used it, the more often it seemed to happen in bursts. Today was exceptionally bad (for about an hour, it would mistap every 5 swipes), so I took it in for an exchange - especially with nokia failing on their promise to delivery a fix by 3rd/4th week of Jan, I didn't want to risk being left out to dry and having my return/exchange period expired.

Remembering how the store employee mentioned the white ones "Just came in" (last week), I figured maybe they were built later than the black ones and I might have more success with one. I took the white one home (thanks for the painless exchange microsoft store of palo alto), and so far, excellent! I've been using it heavily for the past 3 hours (ran batt down from 48% to 22%), and I haven't had a *single* mis-swipe/mis-tap. Screen sensitivity is still on "high", and auto-brightness is on. Glance/peek is turned on, as is double tap to wake.

If you guys are plagued with this issue, I would suggest an exchange, I would be curious to see "success rates". Very glad I bought my phone through the microsoft store rather than an AT&T store now..

MarcinKe

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
It varies from device to device. For some it is terrible, for some not as bad. Also, adjusting screen brightness helped some and some did not notice any difference. I do think it can be fixed with software (even if hardware is a problem). The major problem here is that Nokia is keeping us in the dark.

cylent

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
It varies from device to device. For some it is terrible, for some not as bad. Also, adjusting screen brightness helped some and some did not notice any difference. I do think it can be fixed with software (even if hardware is a problem). The major problem here is that Nokia is keeping us in the dark.

you first said: "I do think it can be fixed with software..."
then you said: "Nokia is keeping us in the dark"
meaning it could be hardware.

so which is it?

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
you first said: "I do think it can be fixed with software..."
then you said: "Nokia is keeping us in the dark"
meaning it could be hardware.

so which is it?

If it was software it would be done by now, why drag it out and get people to leave Nokia for another company and cause bad press.

The problem is it all rests on this update, if they get it wrong then it will cost them big time, people will then know it was hardware and they tried to hide the fact to save the sales.

Never known a company take so long to sort a issue that for some users makes the phone nothing more than a paperweight, its not like its a little bug that all can live with.

Stopped buying apps myself as I have no wish to stay with windows, moving back to android once I get 12 months out of this thing...........shame as I had hopes for the underdog been a better choice.......face to palm or palm to face.....sob sob lol

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I am just blown away by the lack of thought to the owners.

They said a time the fix would be out....its not, ok maybe a slight hold up/maybe a big hold up/maybe never but either way they should have posted a new message JAN31s tor FEB1st to update us on whats going on.

ps

Funny thing is @Nokiahelps not even replying to my tweets now, asking where is update? what do we do? In the past I would get generic replies but not getting any reply now.

Last edited:

cylent

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
well i am very happy to report my problem has gone away. for now.

heres what i've done.

i've gone and set the brightness level to manual. medium at this point.

i've also update what appears to be something useless and i am not sure if it made a difference or not. i've updated "nokia care". well... it told me there was an update.

lets see how long this will last.

for the moment i can tell you that before when i pull up the settings menu and i scroll up or down i usually always "tapping" something. well that was the problem ...
now after this i am scrolling up and down without it "tapping".

i'll take it out for a test run and see how it works.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
for me they can take as long as they like, just makes more people mad and spread bad press....sure way to lose customers.

That right there folks speaks for itself as regards the character of the poster.

We really need some mods to get rid of more folks that are trolling against the phones and manufacturers in here.

It's that or folks like the above poster don't seem to understand that newly released products often take a couple months to receive their initial updates that fix issues found after release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos