Nokia Camera "Something went wrong"...

danmorrissey

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Hello all.

I'm currently road testing a Lumia 1020 for Nokia Connects and have come across a problem within Nokia Camera when trying to re-crop and save pictures. An error comes up saying "Something went wrong", which you can close... But the image doesn't save to the camera roll at all...

It's happening sporadically and apparently randomly... Anyone come across it, and what can be done to fix it?! I've reinstalled the camera app and the phone is up to date as I can get it... Help!

wp_ss_20131128_0002[1].png

ElNino77

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I had this happen once. I was resizing a picture and it while it was saving gave me this error. I rebooted the phone and the photos (original full res and 5MP) were both gone from my phone. Fortunately it has only happened to me the one time, but it sucks as it was a good photo of my son playing basketball.

I have more than 17GB available on my phone, so it can't be storage space.

danmorrissey

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, took a photo, it goes throufh the "Saving..." process, then if I try and resave it after cropping, zooming etc, the error pops up, and the image appears to canish from the phone completely. Very strange.

I've since restored the phone and at the moment it seems OK... Fingers crossed!

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Had same issue happen to me two days ago. Tried to crop and said I couldn't with an error message. Went to the camera roll and picture wasn't there.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
It happens if you turn off the screen while the reframed image is being saved. It'd be fine if the original image was still there after, but it's a problem that both the original and the cropped image are lost.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I am able to reproduce this issue! I've been trying to show people the zoom of my 1020, so every single time, I share the original picture as a text. Then I go back and reframe the image, and try to save it, it says Something went wrong, and the picture is gone. When I tried to email, it allowed me to crop, share the picture, and then i went back to undo my crop, and it said something went wrong, and the picture was deleted again. This is so annoying! Can anyone try and reproduce my steps to see if it is erasing pictures for you too?

danmorrissey

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I've been trying to reproduce the problem too. It seems that if you share the original and then try and recrop, the file is still open in whatever sharing process you've used (have recreated the issue with built-in twitter, 6tag and the twitter app)...

For whatever reason, the system then can't re-write a new version when you subsequently edit the image within Nokia Camera and on some occasions, this leads to the image not being saved to the phone AT ALL.

You can actually solve the problem if you're on GDR3 by going back through the apps in the task manager and closing them... But that's obviously not ideal!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium