Caller name, ring tone

nishrigo

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I recently switched to the Lumia 820 from an E75. I use a bluetooth headset - BH-111 with the phone, and things are going great, except for 2 small issues I am facing.

1. The ring tone on the phone (cusotmised), and the one I hear on the headset (default tone) are different. So assigning specific ring tones for certain numbers is a wasted exercise.

2. I had gotten used to the caller name being said by the E75, and hoped for the same to happen with the Lumia 820... But obviously it does not happen.

Can anyone give me any suggestions on how to overcome these issues? Oh and just so you know I bought and use the phone in India.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
if you go to ease of access in settings and turn on "Speech for phone accessibility" this will speak out the callers name when the phone rings.

nishrigo

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I do not have that option in the ease of access. I am attaching a screen shot of the page.

And any solutions for removing the different ringtones bug?

Attachments

• wp_ss_20131128_0001.png
    wp_ss_20131128_0001.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 4

Paul Shroom

May 24, 2013
Visit site
To get audible caller name announcement, Talking caller ID or speak aloud caller ID feature, usable and visible on my Nokia Lumia 620 Windows Phone 8, locked on 3 mobile UK I had too....

1. Update my firmware and other software in... SETTINGS > system: phone update. (You may need to switch all setting to English (United States) in speech, a,b,c,d & keyboard before you do an update update for best results). and do any store updated too, then....

2. Install and select English (United States) in... SETTINGS > system: speech.

3. Select in, SETTINGS > system: language+region...
a. Phone language = English (United States)
b. Country/Region = United States
c. Regional format = United Kingdom (English).(Probably not essential)
d. Browser & search language = United Kingdom (English). (Probably not essential)

Im using English (United Kingdom) keyboard setting too.(Probably not essential)

This is as close to United Kingdom English as i can get and still have the SETTINGS > system: ease of access >Speech for phone accessibility, option usable and visible on my Nokia Lumia 620 phone locked on three mobile UK.

Please pay attention to what the settings say as changing one will automatically set the rest to "United States" throwout the phone, you will need to double check them.

Hope this helps, all the best Paul

sarathgopi

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Sir !!
I am not at all happy with my Nokia lumia 525
I dont have a call recorder ( preferabally full version)
I dont have a caller name announcer
Can u suggest me where can i buy these apps if not i am ready to throw away my mobile on the roads
and let people watching the great LUMIA 525 ON ROADS

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre