Can't sign into new phone while setting it up

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I just got mine in the mail, haven't got a sim card in yet, but I connected to my wifi, when I try to set up and sign in with my microsoft account, I get this message: "Can't Connect - We're having a problem signing in. Make sure you have good reception...etc" I know the wifi is working because I've browsed the web on it already. Anyone have this problem? What do I do?

VegaNovus

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine in the mail, haven't got a sim card in yet, but I connected to my wifi, when I try to set up and sign in with my microsoft account, I get this message: "Can't Connect - We're having a problem signing in. Make sure you have good reception...etc" I know the wifi is working because I've browsed the web on it already. Anyone have this problem? What do I do?

Start phone up without setting up account, go to Settings - > About - > Reset Your Phone

bjd223

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
You have to have the correct date to sign in. Skip signing in and manually set the correct time and date.

Sent via a Nokia Lumia 1520

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Date/time needs to be correct. Either put the SIM card or setup without username, set the right date/time then hard reset the phone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss