Looking for a case

Chexter

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm a new 1020 owner and am pretty happy so far. One gripe I have though is when I lay the phone on a flat surface and try to tap the edges it tips and flops around. Hoping someone might recommend a case that allows the 1020 to lay flat or at least more stable. Thanks.

Vincent Krisna

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe there are no screen protector / case for Lumia 1020 in Indonesia.
I hope my phone can wait longer before something happen to it.

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Ya this is my biggest gripe too! The poetic atmospheric clear case isn't bad for $8 on amazon....it doesn't lay flat buy gives he camera a little hump to protect it while laying it on its back.....cheap see through case but its so far the best I have found that cover the phone with little to no bulk

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
it really comes down to how you use your phone, if you use it mainly for taking photos and are relevantly gentle and very procautious with your device I recommend the pd-95g case, if you are simply trying to keep the back from getting dirty or from getting scratches you can look at the SPECK case that is a good matcher to your phone color, and relevantly comfortable due to its rubber lining across the back, great for gripping or having your phone sit without reluctantly sloshing around, the AGF leather case which is comfortable and stylish is another great choice (if it fits your style and needs) its actually rubber with a slick leather patch across the back and midsection, its a good case but the material can cause sweating or discomfort, possible slipping, but then again if youre into it then get it, and the gel case if youre really just trying to keep it clean and new, otterboxes are extremely unnecessary with this phone unless you are an outside worker, you work on construction or hard working jobs where you have to fret over not losing your phone or not dropping it under a lawnmower, theres really quite a few more options, but the ones I have explained should be adequate if they fit your personal needs. and if youre generally worried about your aluminum camera hump getting scratched or keeping it stable, all of these cases have an extra protrusion to surround the edges of the camera hump, gel cases are probably the best because it will not slide or swish on a flat surface, as long as its not ice atleast xD, you wont really have to worry much about messing your phone up abit as long as your cautious and not clumsy, also, while youre at getting a case, do yourself a huge favor and get a screen protector, the otterbox comes with a screen protector installed but the plastic they use is very heavy and can cause low sensitivity on your phone, I would recommend v-flex, they sell them in AT&T retail stores and online for about 20$ theyre bubble free and pretty easy to install, im a parental guardian to my phone, I have 5 different kinds of cases and 2 different colors of 2 different cases, I always have a screen protector on, and actually, the majority of the time I don't use a case, under the certain circumstance atleast, I use the pd-95g case because im heavy on photography and it best fits my style, there are many other options you can choose, but I believe if you are not satisfied with the ones I have labeled, its gonna be a pretty hard bet for you in the long run as well... have a nice day and good luck!

Last edited:

Wadidiz

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
WP_20131122_11_57_48_Pro.jpgWP_20131129_18_09_33_Pro.jpgA 41MP camera module is screaming for a tripod socket. I needed it all to fit into my Levi's pocket. So, I modified the Otterbox Commuter case I used for my old 920. I epoxy-glued a compact plastic tripod socket from a discarded camera and then sanded, cut down and squeezed in the wireless charger adapter. Nokia needs to combine a wireless charger adapter with a tripod socket and make the whole thing sturdy while still slim, compact & lightweight. Or, Otterbox needs to make a Commuter version for the 1020 with at least a tripod socket. Better with a wireless charger adapter. Otherwise there's this somewhat difficult mod. What do y'all think?

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I would stay away from the AGF type cases - I love the function, but the corners seem to be vulnerable and deteriorate. Have tried both ATT AGF and similar style in all-leather by TetDed. I am thinking of switching to SPECK

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 51738View attachment 51739A 41MP camera module is screaming for a tripod socket. I needed it all to fit into my Levi's pocket. So, I modified the Otterbox Commuter case I used for my old 920. I epoxy-glued a compact plastic tripod socket from a discarded camera and then sanded, cut down and squeezed in the wireless charger adapter. Nokia needs to combine a wireless charger adapter with a tripod socket and make the whole thing sturdy while still slim, compact & lightweight. Or, Otterbox needs to make a Commuter version for the 1020 with at least a tripod socket. Better with a wireless charger adapter. Otherwise there's this somewhat difficult mod. What do y'all think?

That has got to be the most awesome thing I have ever seen - it's like literally all the thing one wants in a case - wireless charging, tripod mount and the extreme durability!!! I have an Otterbox Defender Series case for my 1020 and I was going to add-in the wireless charging coil..this has compelled me to do it even more because I miss the wireless charging!!

Also in reply to the OP, like reconrevelations said it depends on how you use your phone - if you're after something durable no doubt about it the Otterbox Defender series case is great. But if you're after something more practical (i.e. less bulky) then I've heard the Poetic Atmospheric Case (Amazon.com: Poetic Atmosphere Case for Nokia Lumia 1020 Clear/Gray (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Cell Phones & Accessories) is worth looking at

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss