Battery problem

Andrija Boricic

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I bought nokia lumia a week ago.The phone is really awesome and i will definitely stick to nokia( moved to lumia from n95 :) )
But there is only one problem. The battery. It drains fast. For example: I had put it on charging last night and got it off around 23h. This morning when i woke up i looked at the phone and it said it had 99% left( oh joy!).I took the phone and went for a run. Listening to music for 30mins got my battery from 99% to 81!!( i used metrotube app for preloaded videos) . The phone is new and i really hope that battery needs time to reach it's peak. Did this happen to you too?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
There's a lot of threads on battery issues (a search will find them and they have lots of tips) and the L920 is one with the biggest issue. Though I'm not certain if this has been corrected with later releases.

Saying that however I have to ask what services you had on and what apps you have running in the background? Both are a drain on the battery.

I suggest switching off WiFI, Location, bluetooth and Tap-to-Send if you haven't done that already. Turn them on when you need them but otherwise have them off.
Go to your Settings -> swipe right and select Background -> select app you don't want running in the background and click block

Also if you live in an area that doesn't have 4G make sure you set your phone to 3G as that will drain the battery. Also poor connectivity in general does it.

Other people have mentioned that the L920 battery needs a charge up period. 3-5 (or more) charges and it should be better. Others have suggested the drain method but it doesn't always work and that is for older tech batteries.

The Battery app is great and provides quick access to the switches.

I have battery issues myself and I'm waiting for the Black firmware and WP8.1 in hopes it will fix this issue. I can barely make it through the day with light use.

I haven't tried a hard reset but I've been considering it lately. I have done several soft resets and that has helped some but I get massive drain anyway.

Andrija Boricic

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
i turned off mobile data and put 3g as highest connection. Disabled some apps to not work in the background( here drove, whatsapp, facebook and such). I've done soft reset once or twice and it made no difference. What makes differwnce though is the battety app.Somehow ny battery lasts longer now that i uninstalled that app. I just hope they will fix these problems with next updates ��

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
i turned off mobile data and put 3g as highest connection. Disabled some apps to not work in the background( here drove, whatsapp, facebook and such). I've done soft reset once or twice and it made no difference. What makes differwnce though is the battety app.Somehow ny battery lasts longer now that i uninstalled that app. I just hope they will fix these problems with next updates ��
Here is my ultimate settings to improve battery.

Reset/reformat the phone
Uninstall all the bloatwares (Angry bird roost, Nokia drive, Nokia here lens, Nokia Maps, CNN, ESPN Hub, Nokia Smart Cam, Smart Shoot, App Highlights, Transfer my data, Nokia Care, Weather App, Facebook, Twitter) ETC. Until you cannot uninstall anymore apps
Then go to settings
Turned off vibrate, uncheck Key Press, and lock and unlock on Sound settings.
Choose dark theme
Set lock screen to 30 seconds
Uncheck "Notify me when new networks are found" in wifi settings
Turned off bluetooth
Turned off tap+send
Turned off Data connection and set the highest connection speed to 2G
Turned off Location
Turned off all the backup settings (auto upload)
Set brightness to Low
Set touch sensitivity to Normal
Turned off Glance
Tuned off Connect with Xbox
Now install only necessary apps that you will only use.
Then disable or blocked all the background task
Do not fully drain your battery by the way.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Andrija Boricic

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Here is my ultimate settings to improve battery.

Reset/reformat the phone
Uninstall all the bloatwares (Angry bird roost, Nokia drive, Nokia here lens, Nokia Maps, CNN, ESPN Hub, Nokia Smart Cam, Smart Shoot, App Highlights, Transfer my data, Nokia Care, Weather App, Facebook, Twitter) ETC. Until you cannot uninstall anymore apps
Then go to settings
Turned off vibrate, uncheck Key Press, and lock and unlock on Sound settings.
Choose dark theme
Set lock screen to 30 seconds
Uncheck "Notify me when new networks are found" in wifi settings
Turned off bluetooth
Turned off tap+send
Turned off Data connection and set the highest connection speed to 2G
Turned off Location
Turned off all the backup settings (auto upload)
Set brightness to Low
Set touch sensitivity to Normal
Turned off Glance
Tuned off Connect with Xbox
Now install only necessary apps that you will only use.
Then disable or blocked all the background task
Do not fully drain your battery by the way.

Enjoy!

Basically you want me to kill all the features of the phone(rip the "smart" part and leave the "phone" ).I understand that these actions you propose will cut battery drain but like the person above me said, it's too extreme. I am very happy with the phone and his features.It's fast,fluid, barely lags and has almost no bugs at all.The battery is the only problem which will be solved in the upcoming updates, or so i hope :)

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Basically you want me to kill all the features of the phone(rip the "smart" part and leave the "phone" ).I understand that these actions you propose will cut battery drain but like the person above me said, it's too extreme. I am very happy with the phone and his features.It's fast,fluid, barely lags and has almost no bugs at all.The battery is the only problem which will be solved in the upcoming updates, or so i hope :)

Since I work at home onlline job. My phone is on wifi mode most of the time. So basically my phone are for browsing using IE, facebook, skype, occasional call and txt and whenever I go out if I feel to take pictures. So I think that kind of settings is the best for me. :) It last 2-3 days by the way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6