Weather channel app stopped working ?

Driveatv

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I've had my new 920 for a couple of weeks and am enjoying learning to drive it after many year of BB ownership. Only issue so far is that the Nokia "Weather Channel" app i installed stopped working yesterday. It just comes up with a "unable to load data" error message and to check Wifi connection. Its been working great for 2 weeks but now is not. I have tried uninstalling and re installing but no change. Any suggestions ? Thanks

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I've had my new 920 for a couple of weeks and am enjoying learning to drive it after many year of BB ownership. Only issue so far is that the Nokia "Weather Channel" app i installed stopped working yesterday. It just comes up with a "unable to load data" error message and to check Wifi connection. Its been working great for 2 weeks but now is not. I have tried uninstalling and re installing but no change. Any suggestions ? Thanks

not sure about the Nokia version of the weather channel app, i used it when i first got a lumia, but quickly changed to the non Nokia version ( mainly because i wanted the radar map on tile flip ) however even the non Nokia version will stop updating every now and then, but a uninstall and reinstall usually corrects this problem, try uninstalling it, then reboot your phone, then reinstall and see if that helps

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
also welcome to WPC and glad to hear your enjoying the 920, i had one from its release date, then bought a 1020 on release, but the 920 was/is a great phone

Driveatv

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion and the welcome, i didn't re boot before i re installed so will try that. Since my original post i tried the bing weather app out or curiosity but that destroyed my battery after less than a day so that got uninstalled on the spot ! BTW i chose the 920 as it was a good compromise of spec verses price as I was buying sim free to see how it compared to the BB platforms I was used to. I'm not a big app user so i'm not driving it hard but have been pleasently surprised by the quality of the camera and display and the drive sat nav app is really good. again I'm coming to it from years of BB use so not from any comparible platform.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium