Nokia 1520 screen stuck on high brightness and is unevenly lit

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I got two 1520s today. One of them is stuck on high brightness and is unevenly back lit. I attached a picture. Both phones received a hard reset and then were set on medium brightness and then the automatic setting. The phone on the left looks so dim because I had to underexpose just to keep from blowing the highlights on the phone on the right. That's how bright it is. Looks like one needs to be exchanged. It's odd. I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue. Even when the lock screen is on it blazes away at full brightness.

35i4205.jpg

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Weird, it looks like it needs to be exchanged if a reset didn't fix it.

I thought the thread was going to be a little different. I've been feeling the auto brightness was a little too much on the bright side. I get overblown brightness sometimes when it isn't needed to be so high.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
If you lock and unlock for a bit does it brighten then go back dim after a bit? Or always dim?

The problem phone is the one on the right. It is always at full brightness.

Try to clear any dust in front of the sensor.
Maybe works.

The phone is pristine. And dust on the sensor wouldn't explain why the lighting is totally uneven. Look at the sky on the phone on the right.

Disturbingly the phone is running warm. It is noticeably warmer than the phone on the left.

Creeto

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok. I am having the opposite issue. Where even on full brightness high and everything else off, sunlight and power saver, it still dims.
sorry to say, yours is a defective one . Especially with the brightness not proportionate. Exchange it before your 14 day period is over

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
My problem is that when I unlock my phone it goes super nova bright about half the time, then goes 30% dimmer, then a little bit brighter and stays that way. I'm thinking about exchanging mine, but after hearing about your's being worse off, I'm afraid I'll get one like that.

Prakeern98_lumia520

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
My problem is that when I unlock my phone it goes super nova bright about half the time, then goes 30% dimmer, then a little bit brighter and stays that way. I'm thinking about exchanging mine, but after hearing about your's being worse off, I'm afraid I'll get one like that.
Do you use any flip covers or anything on your screen?

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site

Well it's only one phone. I haven't heard of anyone else having the problem. The other phone that arrived on the same day is perfect. I ended up exchanging the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte