For those with white 1020's: How is the matte white holding up?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It seems that Nokia is moving away from glossy white and towards matte white for future Lumias. The 1020 white is matte and it's looking like the 929's white will be matte as well.

I was wondering how the matte white on the NL1020 is holding up after usage? My assumption would be that matte white would get dirty easily, but I figure it'd be good to ask those who own it.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm not sure if you've played with matte 900/920s. The material always starts very textured and chalky feeling, but over time, it smooths out and even takes on a kind of oily shine to it. It's not pretty, but not the biggest deal in the world. But to answer your question, my friend has a glossy white 928 and it actually has a few small stains of blue on it from her bag or something. Either glossy or matte, white is probably going to get a little dirty :/

GB330033

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
My matte white 1020 is flawless, and I picked it up on release day. It's my daily driver, and I haven't used a case until recently. I picked up a minimal folio case a few weeks just to give it some minor protection (Amazon.com: CoverBot Nokia Lumia 1020 Flip Wallet Case with Stand WHITE. Slim Style with Folio Flip Cover.: Cell Phones & Accessories)

But as far as dirt and stains go, there's no sign of them. The matte white is wonderful, and I'm really glad that Nokia is moving forward with it

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I love my white 1020 - I describe it to people as having a 'ceramic' look and feel to it. I've had the phone two months now, and it's still as flawless as the day I got it.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm impressed. I use mine in the gym all the time and every now and then I'll notice I got some black dust/dirt all over it from something I touched. It always comes right off. I don't have a single visible scratch or mark on it yet. Still clean white.

monzki

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a white Lumia 1020 without a case (I don't like cases as it defeats the beauty of Lumia 1020). I like to feel my phone as it is. I place it anywhere I like without worries since the plastic and aluminum surface are easy to clean by just wiping the dirt or smudge.

jimmynexus

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I have had mine for a while now, theres been no case since day 1, as its lovely phone in the hand.

The white still looks good and is easily cleaned, the corners are becoming slightly less matt though, and a bit shiny.

Here are some photos, not sure if it will come across in them

James.

Chris_kosmidis

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Mine holds up perfectly!!Personally, I'm pleased that Nokia changes from glossy to matte for 1020 and i hope that will stay with matte white even in future lumias..

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have had mine for a while now, theres been no case since day 1, as its lovely phone in the hand.

The white still looks good and is easily cleaned, the corners are becoming slightly less matt though, and a bit shiny.

Here are some photos, not sure if it will come across in them

[url]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/jamesbilluk/DSC09144.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/jamesbilluk/DSC09147.jpg[/URL]

James.

I wonder how the matte on the NL929 will hold up since the sides of the phone are aluminum.

white.jpg

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
The reason it's holding up so well is because it's not your typical matte white phone like the HTC one X. It has this ceramic in the paint like the Nokia 808.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I love my white 1020 - I describe it to people as having a 'ceramic' look and feel to it. I've had the phone two months now, and it's still as flawless as the day I got it.

^^ --> This! I got mine on release day and no problems/blemishes or scratches. I've usually had a case for my phones but not my white 1020. The only covers I use are the charging shell or the camera shell but no actual cases. The white still looks great :)

futra

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. :) +1month old white, still awesome as always. I did snap it with a white Nilkin rugger/matte case but it tends to get brownish after a while, but the phone is still perfect as new.

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Have Matte White 1020 since two months, its holding up well.
No Cases No Screen Protectors nothing.
I loved the way it felt in my hand when i first got it.
The Ceramic Feel is Mind blowing, feels like a premium device.

I have had Nokia's flagship devices a.k.a 800,920 when i used some casing on them, the phone would attract more dirt and collect the dirt in the casing.
920 had many scratches after i used cc-1043 case.
So thought wont use anything on my 1020.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm not sure if you've played with matte 900/920s. The material always starts very textured and chalky feeling, but over time, it smooths out and even takes on a kind of oily shine to it. It's not pretty, but not the biggest deal in the world. But to answer your question, my friend has a glossy white 928 and it actually has a few small stains of blue on it from her bag or something. Either glossy or matte, white is probably going to get a little dirty :/

I have a 2 month old Lumia 720 in white, still sparkles like it was on day 1 :), except for microscopic scratches which are bound to happen.
It all sums up to how well you treat your phone, I've seen people picking their nose and instantly touching their touch-screens...gross!!

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I bought a new 1020 from a WP Central member, just waiting for it to get here and I didnt realize it was matte. That doesnt bother me tho. My question is does it get slippery after a while. If it does I wonder if you could use Plasti Dip on it. Do get that texture back. Its very safe stuff.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
How else are they going to personalize it ? :d

Man its just the grossest thing in the universe, imagine the person doing that kinda stuff is your boss and he hands you over his phone to talk to someone...all his nose goo on your cheeks/ears..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss