Being made fun for owning the 1520! Lol

cesar ruiz1

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
The usual wow that's a big phone but looks really good, but there was this one guy who said that's too big and windows that must suck and took out an Sony z ultra, 2 minutes in his hand and he had to restart it I laughed at him and said well at least I don't have to restart my windows every few minutes just so it can work without lag. I stood up laughing he started swearing to me and I laughed more and left.

JennaMadison

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I had a funny situation happen a few days ago. I was out having a bite with fam and friends. I was browsing through video I just took at an event when a random older lady came up to me and said " oh my..thats a big screen" and I saw lol yes, she responded" well, congratulations" and put her hand on my shoulder and walked off. Lol it was very random her face was in "awe"the whole time. :)

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I was checking out at CVS and the younger cashier woman scanned my CVS card on my phone. While she was scanning the barcode on my phone screen her eyes got big and she said, "I've never seen anything that big before". Had to bite my tongue and resist an inappropriate comment.

What app do you use for your cards?

Shockwave78

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
You smile and say 'thank you' because women comment on the size of your phone??? You poor thing...

I guess the Lumia 1520 really is a compensation device.

wow you have no sense of humor at all...So when they say "its so big" I should just be all serious in a stern voice " Yes ma'am, it is a big phone, I agree with you" Maybe your just an old lady, or maybe your just a snob in general...or just flat out ugly. This ain't the 50's here..

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have been bracing everyone at work for the Beast coming to town. I am going to give the 1520 one last look over, and as long as we stay on AT&T, I am all in.

I have 7 immediate co-workers, and among them there are:

3 feature phones......

2 iPhones.......

1 GS4.....

....and 1 with a Droid 3 that is getting upgraded to a Note 3 at the end of the month.

There is going to be some serious laughs, as I am the shortest and skinniest of the group. No doubt the "compensation" jokes will be around for, oh, about 2 years.

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
The usual wow that's a big phone but looks really good, but there was this one guy who said that's too big and windows that must suck and took out an Sony z ultra, 2 minutes in his hand and he had to restart it I laughed at him and said well at least I don't have to restart my windows every few minutes just so it can work without lag. I stood up laughing he started swearing to me and I laughed more and left.

Android is the new Windows 98.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a Dell Venue Pro 8. I ought to hold that up to my ear at work and pretend I'm in a call. I'd be giving them something to talk about for 9 days. lol

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm not sure how he could say it is too big if he had a z ultra. The ZU is bigger than the 1520 in everyway except thickness. I have a ZU and compared it to the 1520 at AT&T both are very nice devices. BTW haven't had to restart my ZU and no lag. Would love to get a 1520 to tote along with the ZU.

Wilguens Joachin

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Lol my friends at work constantly make fun of me saying I got a tv in my pocket. But they love the phone, how it feels and the screen. I got the white one.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Normally with my other Lumias, I always seem to get attraction from the wrong people.

I'm gay so i usually always get girls always talking to me, much to my chagrin(Never a hot guy lol) and they are always in awe of the color(Especially with my Yellow 920 and Yellow 1020).

Today this one guy came up to me while i was sitting in the Student center at my University and was talking to me for a few mins and then he exited himself as was like "You should put my number in your phone since you can handle big toys."

I was speechless.

AS i said before, Lumias always seem to attract the wrong types of people :D

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
The problem when people call it a compensation phone is that I'm 6-3, athletic build, so I just say "big hands, big feet, big phone" lol then they tend to just moan, or call it "unnecessary" large. Lolz

Last edited:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Normally with my other Lumias, I always seem to get attraction from the wrong people.

I'm gay so i usually always get girls always talking to me, much to my chagrin(Never a hot guy lol) and they are always in awe of the color(Especially with my Yellow 920 and Yellow 1020).

Today this one guy came up to me while i was sitting in the Student center at my University and was talking to me for a few mins and then he exited himself as was like "You should put my number in your phone since you can handle big toys."

I was speechless.

AS i said before, Lumias always seem to attract the wrong types of people :D

Haha. That was a little... forward. No beating around the bush there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea