Being made fun for owning the 1520! Lol

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Been carrying my 1520 everywhere, I've had some interesting things that have happened while I have owned this phone. I was waiting in line, and this lady asked me why did I put a tablet next to my ear? I told her it is my phone. lol Being a high school student, some other students thought this was a tablet(iphone only school) They thought it was an ipad mini lol. Other people I know make fun of it and call it a "conpensation" phone. Lol, interesting experiences I have had...

Anyone make fun of you for the 1520? Or call you out?

Last edited:

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
One person told me while we were out eating "hey, nice TV you got there", but he was joking since he himself had a Note 2.

Kha Bui

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Been caring my 1520 everywhere, I've had some interesting things that have happened while I have owned this phone. I was waiting in line, and this lady asked me why did I put a tablet next to my ear? I told her it is my phone. lol Being a high school student, some other students thought this was a tablet(iphone only school) They thought it was an ipad mini lol. Other people I know make fun of it and call it a "conpensation" phone. Lol, interesting experiences I have had...

It sounds funny. I have never had this experience since I own one :) However, whatever people say, I love this phone, it is everything from a basic phone to a camera, or a GPS :)

zwuncki

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I use it since yesterday, along with the L820. One said "oh a small Nokia family" and one other said that it's an amazing phone but way too big for him.

I gotta admit at the mo I'm just testing it with my internet flat only as a second device. My main phone is the L820. So let's wait and see what others think and say about it.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
This is hilarious! I work at a tech-focused company...Nearly every person who's seen the 1520 carried by me or my cubemate (I have yellow and he has red) has made a joke about the size. They do always say that it looks nice. But the consistent comment is that it's "just too big." Oh well! :)

Shockwave78

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
People get all wide eye'd when i show them or they notice it, they have a huge smile on there face and usually laughing. They all agree it is pretty big but you can see the jealousy in there eye's. My usual comment is that you get used to it like anything else after a week or two.

Usually the women will say something like "that is huge!" or "it's so big!" and i smile and say thank you :) , then they turn all red and it makes for good followup conversation lol.

Jmac28040

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
most comments I get are like "Wow, that's a big phone!", but since I've never liked carrying a phone in my pocket, I always use a belt holster and people have made fun of that a few times with the 1520. Like "looks like your carrying a tool bag"

Residing

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Usually the women will say something like "that is huge!" or "it's so big!" and i smile and say thank you :) , then they turn all red and it makes for good followup conversation lol.

You smile and say 'thank you' because women comment on the size of your phone??? You poor thing...

I guess the Lumia 1520 really is a compensation device.

SANDEEP NAIR1

May 22, 2013
Visit site
tell them its a nokia phone.. a handy sized nokia can crack cement imagine what a 6 inch nokia can do to unprotected skulls. dont worry about them hitting u back.. with iphones and the $300 bill for a new screen they wouldnt try.

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Been caring my 1520 everywhere, I've had some interesting things that have happened while I have owned this phone. I was waiting in line, and this lady asked me why did I put a tablet next to my ear? I told her it is my phone. lol Being a high school student, some other students thought this was a tablet(iphone only school) They thought it was an ipad mini lol. Other people I know make fun of it and call it a "conpensation" phone. Lol, interesting experiences I have had...

Oh the compensation one is sooo easy (if they're a guy and you're a guy). Just quickly reply, "sorry, I'm just not used to handling things as tiny as your <quick glance to their crotch>..... 'phone.' "

EDIT: actually if it's a girl, you could always glance over at their boyfriend instead and get a 2 for 1 lol.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Not to mention the Samsung competition uses inferior pentile AMOLED in this range. I think this might be the best smartphone screen currently on the market.

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I was checking out at CVS and the younger cashier woman scanned my CVS card on my phone. While she was scanning the barcode on my phone screen her eyes got big and she said, "I've never seen anything that big before". Had to bite my tongue and resist an inappropriate comment.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I had a nice experience at the airport. The guy sitting next to me saw my 1520 and made the usual comment that this is just far too big to be practical. I responded that taste is different and that it works fine for me. He then opened the CNN homepage on his iPhone, constantly zooming in and out while reading, so I casually opened up the same site and sat there having the full site displayed rather comfortably. Then he glanced over again, smiled and just said: "OK, point taken." A few folks around us started laughing, clearly enjoying the little "in your face" action :) And whenever I get comments from younger people on the size, I just load Asphalt 7 and let them watch the trailer. That is usually followed with big eyes and comments like "well, that is sweet". And of course it's always fun to tell people that is fully understand that 6 inches isn't for everyone. That one comment just has to be, compensation argument or not :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)