How to manually assign ip address to a wireless network connection

taimur_3

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,
Like said before, I just got Nokia Lumia 820 a few days back and am completely new to the World of Windows in Phones. In my office, we wirelessly connect to the internet by assigning fixed ip addresses to computers/mobiles.

The problem that I am facing is when I enter the password to connect to the network connection, the Connection is Unsuccessful and I am being prevented from the stage where after connecting to that specific connection, I may enter the ip address manually. Please help

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe there is a way to assign a Static IP Address in WP unfortunately. What you could do though is give your MAC address of your phone to your company. They should then able to assign that MAC address a Static IP address from within their router. Not every router supports this, but I would have thought they should be able to do this for you.

If you need to find your MAC address, just go into Settings, then 'about', then tap the 'more information' button. This will then reveal the MAC address of your phone.

taimur_3

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe there is a way to assign a Static IP Address in WP unfortunately. What you could do though is give your MAC address of your phone to your company. They should then able to assign that MAC address a Static IP address from within their router. Not every router supports this, but I would have thought they should be able to do this for you.

If you need to find your MAC address, just go into Settings, then 'about', then tap the 'more information' button. This will then reveal the MAC address of your phone.

Alright, Thank you :) I am definitely going to do this now and hope to get connected to the internet in my office as well :) Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa