925 starting to heat up on standby

J2theL101

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
It all started on December 6 when I noticed my battery drained really fast and got so hot even if I don't use it. I checked with the Insider Pro app and it says it discharged about 10% per hour which was so alarming for me. This never happened before and I got my device last October 3. It's showing some deficiencies I've read on other user's forums. Is this probably one of apps fault, an OS bug that needs to be fixed or something else entirely?

P.S. I don't have any background tasks that consume power so much and most of my settings are turned off as always. Plus at times when I charge it fully, it drops down to 89% after 30 minutes then down to just 4% after 2 hours. It's so weird now. It seems to drop down quicker on standby than if I open any apps.

Last edited:

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
It all started on December 6 when I noticed my battery drained really fast and got so hot even if I don't use it. I checked with the Insider Pro app and it says it discharged about 10% per hour which was so alarming for me. This never happened before and I got my device last October 3. It's showing some deficiencies I've read on other user's forums. Is this probably one of apps fault, an OS bug that needs to be fixed or something else entirely?

P.S. I don't have any background tasks that consume power so much and most of my settings are turned off as always. Plus at times when I charge it fully, it drops down to 89% after 30 minutes then down to just 4% after 2 hours. It's so weird now. It seems to drop down quicker on standby than if I open any apps.

Have you tried a soft reset?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999