Lumia 920 Black/Amber/Portico Camera Comparison

Elton Jothi

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello..
i just updated my Phone to portico rom..
now i feel its much better than amber...
Amber totally ruined the camera in the 920...
even samsung camera could beat the **** out of the 920 amber camera...

Now after portico the camera is splendid... The photos i take in my house also come out well now. In amber it sucked .

i dont have any comparison as of now..But portico camera is 100 times better than amber..

only stuff i miss a lot now is data sense and double tap to wake....idc abt the fm..

Here is a Pic i took and you can take a look at the difference
https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

Last edited:

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 From Amber to Portico Rom...

Those pics don't tell me much other they are the same subject and one is closer than the other and when you do that, things change so that pic tell me 0.
To make a comparison they need to be the same and as in everything the same. :smile:

Elton Jothi

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site

i dint take any images for comparison prior to the downgrade.... but you can notice a huge difference in the yellow tint and grainy stuff and sharper image...
ofcourse both were taken on different dates...
i was mindblown when i took a selfie on the portico at my home... usually it sucked in amber...

Portico is a worthy downgrade if you love capturing pictures a lot... After all 920 is all about the camera...

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

Yellow tint in either of those fotos isn't evident and grain, not grain when you didn't set them up to be a comparison ?
I see different fotos that's it and if they weren't taken in succession and you meant to compare them then 'factors' made them different not Portico vs Amber
The difference in those fotos could be the person taking the foto at a different time and
maybe not being steady or ?
But I guess I have to take your word for it that YOU see a difference other than that example :wink:

Elton Jothi

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site

i uploaded two more comparisons.. the lighting conditions are same... only thing is its taken in different dates.... and both the pics were on auto and was trying to capture as best as possible on both the roms....

P.S the one's having yellow tint is from amber... and the others portico

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

i already had a backup of the portico firmware for my product code 059R2B8

I have learned that the images taken under Amber only show the yellow tint etc on the phone itself. It's down-processed for viewing. If you take a look at the same image uploaded to skydrive on your PC you will see that the image is of the same quality as the image you took under portico.

Elton Jothi

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

2 and 5 clearly show a difference. Others do not (but that is just my opinion). Could be several reasons. There are other threads discussing the issue in detail.
http://wmpoweruser.com/nokia-pro-camera-adding-yellow-hue-to-pictures-on-the-nl-920/
I see you already posted to the same thread with your observations.

You've taken the images at different times, slightly different angles and light conditions. If you can show that the image is always the same at one setting when taking it multiple times then I'd say your phone indeed takes images with different processing to the final image. I am not saying you are wrong, I am just throwing in some other possibilities. Clearly from the thread above it shows that lots of users suffer from this.

ProShot doesn't show any of the issues for me on my phone at least.
hope it gets fixed soon.
I agree with you, if this is a problem for people taking a lot of images, it may be useful to go back to portico
cheers

Last edited:

Elton Jothi

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site

this is all taken from the default camera app...
seems like there has been some drastic changes in the image processing algorithms on the Amber+

I have had the yellow tint In proshot app as well..
the lighting condition in the images must be the same .. coz its indoor's with artificial light...

Hope they fix this in Black Update

Last edited:

Elton Jothi

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Bump..Added a few more pics..
Not a In-Depth Comparison.. but i have uploaded a few pics i had on my skydrive for Lumia 920 Black/Amber/Portico Camera Comparison
I am sorry i am missing a few pics coz i currently dont have my phone with me.. and some pics in skydrive are not full resolution either...
but this can perhaps give u a clear understanding..
Sort Images by name:-
https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb