Issues with Wireless Charging since getting 925 back from Nokia Care

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
got my phone back on Monday afternoon, from the very rude staff at the Manchester Arndale store after having the screen replaced due to a crack from a drop, i had charged the phone up fully before it went in as i know it doesnt charge up via micro usb anymore (more on that to follow) but Tuesday night, i placed the phone on my wireless charging stand and nothing, not a charge, it was like it was getting a small burst of charge, which would cause the phone to power on (operator splash screen, then low battery icon) then turn off!!!

I think that since the new screen, my wireless charging shell doesnt come in to contact with the charging points on the back of the phone, i have to squeeze the phone and the charging stand together to get a charge....that is not how it should be nor how it has been since i bought the phone.

I cannot charge the phone up via microusb due to a faulty in car charger that i think *shorted* the usb port, great i know!!!!

im going to phone Nokia Care tomorrow, and hopefully they will either repair the phone due to it being in warranty or replace it...really miffed this week.

I had such a good phone, now i have a phone that wont charge :(

Si Haworth

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Well, you could always say that since having it returned it neither charges wireless or via usb?

More than likely they'd give you a replacement then.

Problem solved. Fingers crossed...!

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
have just got off the phone to Nokia, told them that the phone wasn't able to charge both wired or wireless, they asked me to fill out their online repair form to be sent back to Nokia via UPS. hopefully i will have it back for Christmas.

I had asked my partner for a JBL Powerup speaker for christmas, and luckily ive been able to use that for a few days to charge my phone, some reason it doesnt work too well with the charging stand DT-910.

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Got my phone back yesterday from Nokia, they've repaired the usb charging, but still having problems with the wireless charging, having to purchase another shell to see if this is the problem.

I don't know if this is how their meant to be, but the bottom half of my black 925 shell feels rather spongy, like its not fitting too correctly, and thus not making a connection. Is there a 'correct way' to fit them? As I've tried taking it off and putting it back on lots of times but with no avail.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss