Weak Wifi?

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
My 1520 seems to have very weak wifi, and I have tested it's wifi at many locations, and it seems to have the same problem. My lumia 520 has a stronger signal everytime when comparing it to my 1520. Today is my last day to be able to exchange it. Is is worth it?

Wilguens Joachin

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Uhmm.. I thought mine had the same problem like it'd randomly disconnect me to my WiFi but it doesn't do it anymore. And I'm sure this issue can be fix with an update so I'd wait if I were you.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I just recently spotted this, and unfortunately I'm past my return date. I'm hoping they fix this via an update, but yeah the WiFi radio is super super weak for downloads. Uploads I hit full speed, but downloads are super slow when I'm more than 20 feet away from the router.

LeiChat

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Would that be enough of an issue to return it?
I'm trying to make my mind up on which handset to purchase so I'm avidly following the 925, 1020 and 1520 forums.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Would that be enough of an issue to return it?
I'm trying to make my mind up on which handset to purchase so I'm avidly following the 925, 1020 and 1520 forums.

I'm of the opinion that with any fault if it's shown to be hardware that it's enough to take it back. If it's shown to be a common issue and is related to a software update then I will usually wait for the update.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I am going to go and try to exchange this, but they probably don't have yellow in stock, so I will have to wait it get a black 1520.

Do Hai

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
So it seems like this is a very common problem of Nokia. I have the same situation and feel a bit annoying with this. Can we hope for a update soon??

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if this is a problem with just a select batch of phones, cause I am have zero problems with the wifi connectivity or speed so far.

dropofdreams

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I was considering this myself as I noted that when playing a certain game or during browsing sessions, the phone would take much longer to load material or simply fail entirely from time to time. However, I was just discussing speeds on another thread and tested my throughput. The WiFi speeds doubled simply from not holding the phone. I am able to replicate this consistently. However, in real world experiences, it's not enough of an issue to be a real bother in my case.

LeiChat

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine seems ok on WiFi but I've noticed a much lower 3G phone/data signal strength compared to my HTC HD7.
My car displays the signal strength when the phone connects via Bluetooth and on sections of my commute that would always show as 5 bars with the HD7, with the 1520 it's often just 2 or 3. It's obviously more of an issue in areas that were previously low signal as the 1520 is then struggling to connect at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa