Nokia Repairs doesn't do their job

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Gives me an evil idea for my 1020 :D

my story is the same as the other users mate
# I emailed elop
# within 2 hours he emailed back saying he would get a member of his team to assist me
# a few hours later a member of the escalation team rung me from usa
# I explained I was in the uk and he said someone from the uk would call me asap
# nokia escalation team from anova in thetford rung me and wanted the phone asap
# I explained it was my only phone and I didn't want to be without one and couldn't be without one
# I asked for a doorstep swap out
# they refused but said they would post me another phone colour of my choice when my one was in their hands
# I agreed to this , sent my phone next day delivery to them to speed it up
# as soon as I saw they had signed for it I emailed them asking them when they would send my new red one
# they sent it the very same day next day delivery
# I was without a phone for 24 hours and had a new red one in my hands that was working fine

so they refused me a door step swap out saying they couldn't do it because of security reasons and that they had to have mine back first to do the swap out , but they literally received mine back and then sent the new one / refurbished one out the very same day , it was minimal disruption to me the user and they even helped me get the colour I wanted instead of the black one I had to buy because its all my network stocked

the new one came with paperwork from nokia saying they had swapped devices etc

please note these people aren't paid to be shouted at , always remain calm and speak nicely even if sometimes firmly , remaining calm polite and cool will get you more places then shouting at people ......... you can make the same point and more by speaking nicely because as soon as you get annoyed and shout at people they stop listening and wanting to help even if they are supposed to ;-)

so yeah send elop a factual email that is states the problems you have and why you are disappointed but don't send them an angry shouty email

ps
make sure to list the point of sale and also the care centre that failed to help you and treat you badly , If you don't how can anyone kick their butts and make their service to customers better ;-)

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, Buzz. I will give them the 48-96 hours to respond (the time they said they would respond) before writing to Elop. I know both sides of the fence as I do I.T. work, so I know the angry customer all too well.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, Buzz. I will give them the 48-96 hours to respond (the time they said they would respond) before writing to Elop. I know both sides of the fence as I do I.T. work, so I know the angry customer all too well.

Lol, I had served dell for 2 months, took calls for about 3 days and decided it was not my playground. They key (as a customer), is to remain extremely calm & friendly, shouting will only **** off the rep and if he were willing to help you, he'd make sure you're screwed to the fullest (lol, atleast thats what some blokes did at the place I was). Besides it creates a good rep if you remain clam and even makes the conversation buttery smooth.

On a different view, if some customer was irate and asked for a supervisor, the supervisor would give him something, (the only thing I ever heard was an 8GB pen drive, this was in 2009 when 8GB was godlike) to calm him down. I wonder what Nokia does, maybe they'll block your phone :p

Even now if I have to talk to some customer service and the situation demands an escalation, I am very relaxed when asking for a supervisor while the rep does all the sweating.

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm also ready to hit the Nuke Button, Ive sent my phone in 3x to rogers to have it fix, it still comes back with the same problem.
Ive been going for about a month and half without my 920 and this time im going to email Mr Elop.

Fxck this ****!
But you've been dealing with your carrier, not Nokia? I don't know that e-mailing Elop will do any good to get your the same result since you don't already have a case/ticket with Nokia.

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
But you've been dealing with your carrier, not Nokia? I don't know that e-mailing Elop will do any good to get your the same result since you don't already have a case/ticket with Nokia.

Nokia does not have repair centres in Canada, so Rogers does it for them.

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Over 48 hours and no response yet. They did say 48-96 hours for a email response. Hopefully I won't have to go as far as buxz777 had to so that he could get proper service. But if I have to (after the full 96 hour wait) I will write to Elop, and all the other Nokia twitter handles around the world (like I did in a couple of my earlier tweets to them) that I can fit into a tweet.

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
LOL, what is this a bank? Most businesses are open on Saturday and Sunday, in America. Although, Murphy's law says you are right and the whole "business hours/days" might apply even though
not actually stated by Nokia.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
LOL, what is this a bank? Most businesses are open on Saturday and Sunday, in America. Although, Murphy's law says you are right and the whole "business hours/days" might apply even though
not actually stated by Nokia.

I am not in USA but many companies do not work on weekends, even those workers have a family or partner to attend.

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I am not in USA but many companies do not work on weekends, even those workers have a family or partner to attend.
I understand that all quite well. I work in Germany and Sundays and holidays just about everything is closed. The repair service I sent it to was in America. They are most likely open on Saturdays (at least partial hours). My concern is more with what am I waiting for. I tweeted to them that if they wanted to know who worked on my phone all they had to do is match my phone's imei number to the work shop logs to see who worked on it. I really don't know what the response or email will be about when I get it. Is it to troubleshoot again? Is it to find out more info of when I sent it in? Not sure what is I am sitting tight and waiting for them to respond to me, because they didn't elaborate. Lol. The funny thing is when they first asked me to direct message them (towards the beginning of me tweeting them) with all my info and the phone issues they still responded to me via normal public tweets. It was almost like they wanted my comments private and their normal customer service responses that everyone gets in any situation....like a copy and paste response. Almost automated, regardless of time.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I understand that all quite well. I work in Germany and Sundays and holidays just about everything is closed. The repair service I sent it to was in America. They are most likely open on Saturdays (at least partial hours). My concern is more with what am I waiting for. I tweeted to them that if they wanted to know who worked on my phone all they had to do is match my phone's imei number to the work shop logs to see who worked on it. I really don't know what the response or email will be about when I get it. Is it to troubleshoot again? Is it to find out more info of when I sent it in? Not sure what is I am sitting tight and waiting for them to respond to me, because they didn't elaborate. Lol. The funny thing is when they first asked me to direct message them (towards the beginning of me tweeting them) with all my info and the phone issues they still responded to me via normal public tweets. It was almost like they wanted my comments private and their normal customer service responses that everyone gets in any situation....like a copy and paste response. Almost automated, regardless of time.

Cut the crap and hit the nuke.

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
LOL Montsa007. Like I said before, I will allow the full 96 hours. I plan to "hit the nuke" if it those 96 hours come and go and I get no email. I they told me the response would be 48-96 around 7pm Germany time on December 12th. That puts the cutoff at December 16th. When I saw the "automated responses" from @Nokiacare I proceeded to respond to as many Nokia twitter handles I could find. USA, Global UAE, UK, etc... So I have, in effect, let a much bigger audience know the situation which is never good for a company (PR wise at least). It's funny I always read the great forums and comments on WPC but I never really posted much. I'm lazy, I guess. My twitter's tweets is probably 50% about this issue. My comments on WPC, mainly about this issue. Like buxz777 and CapnPauly have said/done, I'm trying to take the high road as far as I can so that I can get a more receptive @Nokiacare or @selop (most likely an aide that is running his twitter).

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have escalated it to Stephen Elop. Here is what I sent him:
@selop On Nov. 8 I opened up a request for repair w/ Nokia repairs for my Lumia 920 & I sent it in. The phone came back still broken. 1/5
@selop I got the runaround & none of the promised emailed follow-ups. They ran some tests & shipped it back to me w/out reading the 2/5
@selop description of what was wrong in the paperwork. I had the paperwork included in the box with the Lumia 920. I just want my L920 3/5
@selop to be fixed, not “just send it back again” and not know if they will just run some tests w/out actually trying to fix the issues. 4/5
@selop I was told I would be contacted via email & it never happened. It makes me think @nokiacare just wants to hide the issue. 5/5

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have linked this forum thread to @selop regarding the fact that other people have had similar issues with Nokia repairs.

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
24 hours later and Stephen Elop (@selop) has not responded. I just sent him another email asking for help regarding this issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99