Nokia Repairs doesn't do their job

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I sent my phone to be repaired (Screen would not rotate) to USA Nokia repairs and they didn't fix it. They said it passed this test and that and sent it back still broken.
I sent my phone without setting it to default so it would be easier/faster to see, through my description when I filled out the repair process form, what was wrong. My
phone came back the way I sent it. My phone was logged into my email and everything, despite Nokia's shipping email saying, "For my protection it was wiped clean
of apps and information before being shipped to me". I tweeted to @NokiacareUS all they basically said was send it back again. I'm like, "They obviously didn't read
my description of the problem the first time, why would they read it this time". I also had a copy of the written description of what was wrong, from the repair process
form, in the box with the phone. @NokiacareUS didn't answer my question of how they would "be thorough" this time versus the last time. Took make matter worse I
work overseas so I can't take advantage of the free shipping. I have to mail it from Germany (out of pocket) to USA Nokia repairs, wait for them "to fix my phone", have
them return ship it to a family member, and then have that family member ship it to me. I should go through all that again because this time they will read be description
of what is wrong and make sure that works before they return it? Man, I'm pissed too because I really believe in the brand and recommend it to family and friends.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Yikes, that's worrisome because I'm just about to send my phone for repair too, wireless charging as stopped working for my L920 :(

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
check my twitter at @cardeli32 for what they are responding. It doesn't show the Direct messages from @Nokiacare I will try to put everything they have said to me, to help others

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I wrote to @Nokiacare that they aren't giving me an answer that is satisfactory and that I request speaking to a manager. I then proceeded to tweet this: So when USA Nokia repairs says it fixed your phone but they didn't, all they say is to send it back again @nokia @NokiaCareUS @NokiaUS. Then again to @Nokiausers @NokiaUAE @NokiaUpdate. I had to do it twice so that I could send it to all the Nokia agencies, due to the 140 character limit.

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
A few hours after I wrote my last tweet and DM I got this from @Nokiacare: @Cardeli32 Can you send us a Direct Message with your email address, contact number, physical address and the repair centers location. ^RT. I'm not sure what will come of this. All I wanted was for this to have been fixed the first time and not have to deal with an answer that can be said 1000 times to me," Just send it back to us". That's **** poor. I had DM'ed this earlier to them: I do maintenance and repairs for a living, I know that once you try a solution you make sure it is not showing the symptoms the customer (next tweet) said. (Next DM tweet) It's impossible that they did that because the first thing I did was check my email (proof it wasn't wiped clean) and it didn't rotate.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I sent my phone to be repaired (Screen would not rotate) to USA Nokia repairs and they didn't fix it. They said it passed this test and that and sent it back still broken.
I sent my phone without setting it to default so it would be easier/faster to see, through my description when I filled out the repair process form, what was wrong. My
phone came back the way I sent it. My phone was logged into my email and everything, despite Nokia's shipping email saying, "For my protection it was wiped clean
of apps and information before being shipped to me". I tweeted to @NokiacareUS all they basically said was send it back again. I'm like, "They obviously didn't read
my description of the problem the first time, why would they read it this time". I also had a copy of the written description of what was wrong, from the repair process
form, in the box with the phone. @NokiacareUS didn't answer my question of how they would "be thorough" this time versus the last time. Took make matter worse I
work overseas so I can't take advantage of the free shipping. I have to mail it from Germany (out of pocket) to USA Nokia repairs, wait for them "to fix my phone", have
them return ship it to a family member, and then have that family member ship it to me. I should go through all that again because this time they will read be description
of what is wrong and make sure that works before they return it? Man, I'm pissed too because I really believe in the brand and recommend it to family and friends.
quick fix... Hold the phone and hit your other hand many times a little stronger. It worked for me

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Once that stopped working (hitting it) I sent it back to Nokia. I installed an accelerometer app and it said I had no accelerometer, compass, or compound installed. So I knew it got worse.

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
They have written back and said they will be in contact via email. I will update accordingly. I really like the brand and hope @NokiacareUS can fix this.

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey Jefe,
Same deal here. I bought a 920 the day they were available in the States. I had problems with the light sensor going out (been remediating myself with compressed air since the beginning), dust under the camera, and I couldn't use my headphones w/ a push-button control after the Amber update. Since the warranty was rapidly running out, I decided to call Nokia to open a case. I'll be using the phone for another year; might as well have it running tip-top before I can't. ;)
I was hoping they would do an "Advanced Replacement" where they would send me a new/refurb phone and I would send them mine back; the woman I spoke with wouldn't budge on it - "You have to send it in for repairs". Okay, fine. I'll borrow a friend's old iPhone 4 while it is in for repairs.

So I sent it it. I even printed-off a list of the problem items I submitted to their support website (I opened a dialog on the support website again trying to get an advance replacement, but was denied) and included it with the phone. I will give credit where credit is due, they did send e-mails at every step in the process ("We received your phone", "Your phone is ready", "Your phone has been shipped").

To my surprise, I received my phone without any of the problems fixed; dust still in the camera, light sensor still malfunctioning, headphone button still unresponsive. My phone also still had all of the data, programs, and settings in-tact. The next day I tweeted/PMed with Nokia Care US. They told me "Send it in again, this time with a paper telling them what the problem is". I said "I already did that; I want it replaced now". They said they would have someone call me within 96 hours. Well, the 96 hours came & went with no call. I PMed them on Twitter and they apologized and said someone would call me within 24 hours. Again, time came & went. I even gave it a full 96 hours. So I went ahead and hit the nuke - I e-mailed Stephen Elop. I apologized for being so trite as to not go through the normal channels and bug him with this, but the normal channels were getting me nowhere.

He replied within a couple of hours and said he would get someone to look into my case. Within two hours after receiving that e-mail I received a call from someone who profusely apologized and offered to send me a replacement device, which I received last night.

So in all, my "Repair" or "Warranty" support experience with Nokia wasn't very good until I went and b*tched to the man in-charge. I don't recommend that as a first course for anyone to take, but this whole process took me over a month and I felt like I had no other recourse. The technician didn't do his job, the customer care people didn't do their jobs.

I still like this phone very much. Would I consider another Nokia in the future? Maybe. It will depend on the other devices out there. I will probably look to the carrier for warranty support now though before going directly to the manufacturer.

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I am getting the same from them when I asked, "Where is my response?". They just told me (first time they mentioned the time needed to wait for the response) to wait 48 - 96 hours. I feel that what happened to you will happen to me, but I have to let it play out and hope they pull through. I don't know why it is so hard to say, "We have been notified of your issue and will email you when we request more info". That email would have taken 2 minutes tops.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
they messed me about as well and I also I emailed elop ....... the help I received after that was how it should have been done in the 1st place ....... top notch and mega quick :-/

thaguy

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm also ready to hit the Nuke Button, Ive sent my phone in 3x to rogers to have it fix, it still comes back with the same problem.
Ive been going for about a month and half without my 920 and this time im going to email Mr Elop.

Fxck this ****!

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm also ready to hit the Nuke Button, Ive sent my phone in 3x to rogers to have it fix, it still comes back with the same problem.
Ive been going for about a month and half without my 920 and this time im going to email Mr Elop.

Fxck this ****!
Good Luck. Let us know, here, how it went.

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
they messed me about as well and I also I emailed elop ....... the help I received after that was how it should have been done in the 1st place ....... top notch and mega quick :-/
Did you have to send it in again? Did they send you an advanced phone?

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Did you have to send it in again? Did they send you an advanced phone?

my story is the same as the other users mate
# I emailed elop
# within 2 hours he emailed back saying he would get a member of his team to assist me
# a few hours later a member of the escalation team rung me from usa
# I explained I was in the uk and he said someone from the uk would call me asap
# nokia escalation team from anova in thetford rung me and wanted the phone asap
# I explained it was my only phone and I didn't want to be without one and couldn't be without one
# I asked for a doorstep swap out
# they refused but said they would post me another phone colour of my choice when my one was in their hands
# I agreed to this , sent my phone next day delivery to them to speed it up
# as soon as I saw they had signed for it I emailed them asking them when they would send my new red one
# they sent it the very same day next day delivery
# I was without a phone for 24 hours and had a new red one in my hands that was working fine

so they refused me a door step swap out saying they couldn't do it because of security reasons and that they had to have mine back first to do the swap out , but they literally received mine back and then sent the new one / refurbished one out the very same day , it was minimal disruption to me the user and they even helped me get the colour I wanted instead of the black one I had to buy because its all my network stocked

the new one came with paperwork from nokia saying they had swapped devices etc

please note these people aren't paid to be shouted at , always remain calm and speak nicely even if sometimes firmly , remaining calm polite and cool will get you more places then shouting at people ......... you can make the same point and more by speaking nicely because as soon as you get annoyed and shout at people they stop listening and wanting to help even if they are supposed to ;-)

so yeah send elop a factual email that is states the problems you have and why you are disappointed but don't send them an angry shouty email

ps
make sure to list the point of sale and also the care centre that failed to help you and treat you badly , If you don't how can anyone kick their butts and make their service to customers better ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077