When I open Photos app and go into 'albums' menu, every other folders show its thumbnail
    (including duplicated 'from SkyDrive' folders like 'Saved Pictures from SkyDrive')

but the only one folder, 'Camera Roll from SkyDrive' doesn't show its thumbnail and just remain as a gray box.
    (Of course inside the 'Camera Roll from SkyDrive' album I can see every thumbnail of my pics, but the thumbnail for the whole folder doesn't show in the 'albums' level.)

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? It's quite bothering...
    12-11-2013 09:07 PM
    workaround i use is i open the skydrive app, move the folders in the pictures folder to somewhere else, say, documents. wait for a few minutes then open the album roll in photos app. when the thumbnails don't show anymore, i go back to skydrive then put back the moved folders back in its original place. wait a few minutes again then open the photos app. them folders with thumbnails are back. i know it's tedious but sometimes i get to be oc and just have to see the thumbnails. i'm open to looking for a quicker solution as well since this has been an issue for a long time. some have suggested doing a soft reset or even a factory reset but the issue keeps on coming back
    12-11-2013 09:30 PM
    i have the same problem, but with all my skydrive folders.
    12-12-2013 04:26 AM
    Yeah.. I have also, with all skydrive folders..
    12-12-2013 05:04 AM
    Yeah.. Another way to fix is just go to SkyDrive phone app, or PC and make a new folder with a different name, move pictures, delete old folder. I always hit refresh in between action, remember it takes a few minutes for it to update.
    jamie johnston likes this.
    12-12-2013 05:20 AM
    Yeah.. Another way to fix is just go to SkyDrive phone app, or PC and make a new folder with a different name, move pictures, delete old folder. I always hit refresh in between action, remember it takes a few minutes for it to update.
    That's just what I've done, all the thumbnails are working now, hopefully it stays that way, thanks for the advice.
    12-12-2013 07:08 AM
    That's what I did about 5 weeks ago. Everything stated to work as it should but that didn't last more than a few days. Most of my SkyDrive folders once again show up like gray rectangles.
    12-12-2013 09:48 AM
    This problem is there since I received my Lumia 920 in Dec 2012. Microsoft has no idea on how to get that fixed.
    12-12-2013 11:37 AM
    That's just what I've done, all the thumbnails are working now, hopefully it stays that way, thanks for the advice.
    I found that it will stay ok until, you turn off your phone and or you loose the synchronized from live. The other time it will disappear is when you delete temporarily storage from storage check or phone storage, for some reason those album fall under temp memory? Go figure...
    12-12-2013 09:23 PM
    That's what I did about 5 weeks ago. Everything stated to work as it should but that didn't last more than a few days. Most of my SkyDrive folders once again show up like gray rectangles.
    Update....after having the folder tiles working, they have now reverted back to the grey squares they were before/
    12-19-2013 12:57 AM
    Yeah I've given up on trying to sort this out. Even the photos app in Windows 8 is garbage and doesn't find the pictures I have stored on my hard drive.
    anon5997296 likes this.
    12-19-2013 05:26 AM