HELP! Finally bought a Windows Phone and can't data browse.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone, after much desperation and frustration with lack of new apps on my Windowsphone 7.8, I finally bought a Lumia 820....yyaaaaayyyy.
Now I set up everything with my home wifi and phone was ready to go but went outside and noticed I wasn't receiving notifications and couldn't send anything online. I checked my setting and I had 3G as highest connection speed and also "H" at the upper left hand corner of my start screen....but kept on seeing the "WE'RE HAVING PROBLEM DISPLAYING THIS PAGE" message when I try to browse. Brothers, what is preventing me from browsing?

I understand the Lumia 820 is a 4G phone and unluckily for me, the network am on (Vodafone Ghana) is the only network in my country that does not support 4G just yet....A BIG DISGRACE RIGHT? Now I can change networks alright but just don't feel like it.

Now my questions:

1. Although the phone is 4G, I see no 4G when I go to cellular settings, I see only 3G and 2G.....is it because my network doesn't support it so it won't show up?
2. Since the 4G is not available, the current settings is on 3G, am I not supposed to be able to browse....with the 3G?
3. If question 2 is NO, is there anyway to make a 4G phone browse on network that does not have a 4G?....Like bring it down and browse on 3G?

Please help me with this issue guys cuz I just can't leave without internet when am outside my home or office. Thanks a lot in advance.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
You shouldn't post the same question in two different sections of the forum. I answered your question on your other thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss