BT pairing with PC?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having any issues automatically pairing a 928 with a Windows 7 Enterprise PC? It will recognize it just fine if I manually initiate the connection.

It will connect with my car's BT just fine w/o any intervention.

Thanks in advance.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
On the PC, it shows up under the BT devices, but needing troubleshooting. Weird thing is I can do anything with it from the PC. There doesn't seem to be a problem there.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Working on a Win8 (8.1, now) Dell laptop. What can I do with this new found magic?

edit: nevermind, it won't stay connected. Hmmm...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
On the PC, it shows up under the BT devices, but needing troubleshooting. Weird thing is I can do anything with it from the PC. There doesn't seem to be a problem there.

I have tried this on my Windows 7 desktop with a Bluetooth adapter and I have tried this with my Windows 8.1 tablet. Both run into the SAME EXACT problem. No driver found and unable to find a driver for it (after checking Windows Update, etc).

So this results when I click it, it says connected but, after about 20 seconds, it disconnects as the PC/Tablet does not know what to do with the connection.

Is there a Windows 7 and/or 8 driver for Bluetooth WP devices ?

It would be nice if I could transfer pictures etc over Bluetooth...

As I tried this before on WP7.8, and never really got it working I created a post on Microsoft's answers site about it, maybe one of the pros there can help...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-cffb-46d5-a0d5-d110069b79d8?tm=1390407275730

Last edited:

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. On my Win7 BT enabled laptop, I says "This device needs attention". Has the exclamation mark next to it and all. However, I can transfer files, play music and all that just fine for hours. All the functionality is there. I just have to initiate the connection from the phone everytime. When I go to my car, the phone pairs with the car just fine, automatically and without any intervention on my part.
I'll build a Win8.1 install and see if it is the same thing.

lpforthewin

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm fairly sure another thread here discusses the disconnection "issue" and concluded it only has an active connection when it's transferring something and then disconnects but will reconnect when it needs to
Regarding the troubleshooting I'm not sure

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
My 928 will stay connected for hours and the only thing it is doing is sending the notices for emails and other alerts. I'm not streaming music continually nor transferring files. I just want it to reconnect when it gets in range of my laptop. It works fine with my car.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I've been using a BTProx program to link my 928 to my laptop. it works great, no issues linking them together via Bluetooth (program locks computer after 1 minute when the bluetooth device is out of range).

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Question, when this app pairs with you WP, how "good" a pairing does it get? I ask because this app will see the WP and will pair with it, but not enough to pipe sounds (alerts, music) to the PC.
I've noticed that when I pair via the WP and the Bluetooth app, it will show "Connected Music". When connected via this app, it just says "Connected". Do you see the same thing? Thanks!

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't see anything about connected Music on my laptop or on WP. the connection is pretty stable and its just using it as a monitor to check that the device is within range of each other. if out of range, then runs the program and locks the computer in the case of this app.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
While you can pair a WP and PC over Bluetooth, the connection will not stay connected.
This feature is generally disabled, either by the phone manufacturer or the carrier.

But, They are still connected in a way... I can't get more technical at this time,,,,,,

However, you can transfer files still...... unfortunately, only about one file at a time
On the Windows PC..... right click the Bluetooth icon in the Systray and select Receive a file
On the Phone, find the file or photo and choose Share then Bluetooth, then tap the PC name
It should transfer and the PC should allow you to select where you want to save the file
Same thing when you want to send a file.
It will error if you attempt more than one file at a time.

Bluetooth while useful in some circumstances is not an optimal way of transferring data anymore anyway. Especially large amounts of data.
Tap&Send does work via NFC devices though, and this also uses Bluetooth. I believe.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
While you can pair a WP and PC over Bluetooth, the connection will not stay connected.
This feature is generally disabled, either by the phone manufacturer or the carrier.

But, They are still connected in a way... I can't get more technical at this time,,,,,,

However, you can transfer files still...... unfortunately, only about one file at a time
On the Windows PC..... right click the Bluetooth icon in the Systray and select Receive a file
On the Phone, find the file or photo and choose Share then Bluetooth, then tap the PC name
It should transfer and the PC should allow you to select where you want to save the file
Same thing when you want to send a file.
It will error if you attempt more than one file at a time.

Bluetooth while useful in some circumstances is not an optimal way of transferring data anymore anyway. Especially large amounts of data.
Tap&Send does work via NFC devices though, and this also uses Bluetooth. I believe.

Thanks for trying Tepid, but that wasn't the issue. Good info, but not the original issue.

PPC, can you try something? Using the util, pair PC and phone. Then go to Settings|Bluetooth. Look for your PC. Under you PC, it will say something like "Connected" or "Connected music". When I manually pair from the phone, I get "Connected music". If I let the util pair, I just get "Connected". Somehow, the diff pairing methods establish a diff pairing scheme.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for trying Tepid, but that wasn't the issue. Good info, but not the original issue.

PPC, can you try something? Using the util, pair PC and phone. Then go to Settings|Bluetooth. Look for your PC. Under you PC, it will say something like "Connected" or "Connected music". When I manually pair from the phone, I get "Connected music". If I let the util pair, I just get "Connected". Somehow, the diff pairing methods establish a diff pairing scheme.

doing pairing with PC using the PC util, it says connected.
do not see it saying connected mucic.
on the PC Bluetooth, I do not have it connecting to my phone to play music from Phone to Computer. Wonder if that makes a difference in the pairing type?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos