Unlocked AT&T L920: Should (and can) I rom with non-AT&T software?

cae758

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
So I recently sent my L920 to Nokia because of issues and they sent me a replacement. I also bought a 1020 to replace it as my permanent phone. Since Nokia sent me a new (or refurbished but like new) 920, I want to sell it. AT&T sent me an unlock code. Today, I purchased a T-Mobile micro-SIM, turned on the phone, entered the unlock code and had a success. Now I plan to sell the phone on eBay. Should I bother doing a non-AT&T rom before I sell? And can I with a MacBook Pro? I was under the impression you could only change the bootloader via Windows.

cae758

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, because of my schedule with holiday traveling, I just got it up there now. You're right: I'm just selling it as is. At least I was able to unlock it. AT&T have made it pretty easy now with this site: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...viceunlock%2Fclient%2Fen_US%2F&token=a8qLhmd- The replacement from Nokia arrived Monday and I immediately applied for the unlock, then today I received the code. Not bad. Anyway, here's a link to my listing: CLICK I tried to be as thorough as possible. Any suggestions to flesh out my listing? I believed I covered all the important stuff, but I don't sell cell phones regularly and I might have missed something.

EDIT: Looks like I'm not posting in the WPC marketplace after all. I don't have 50 post minimum. That seems ridiculous, no? So, I can't post there now as is, even though I'm a long time reader, I comment often on the site's blog, and I'm a substance over quantity person. BUT; If I decided to go on a spamming spree responding to anything I can type to just to bring my post count over 50, adding lots of stuff no one necessarily reads, I'm good to sell.
It's a mad mad mad world indeed.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers