2.5 weeks after warranty, my flash no longer works

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So, I received my Lumia 920 on 11/26/12.

Today I tries to take some pictures with flash, but it wouldn't work. I tried testing the flash with some flashlight apps that I've used as recently as 2 weeks ago. Not working there either.

I read that it could just be loose, but squeezing/pressing on the flash doesn't help.

Bummer.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried taking pictures with different apps or a soft reset ... Even a camera reset to make sure its nothing software based?

If none of this works it might need you to talk with Nokia or the shop where you bought the phone.

MAkhdar

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem on my 920 and I solved it by opening the phone and pushing the flash contacts up a little because they weren't touching the flash module. Because your out of warranty I would at least try this all you have to do is unscrew the bottom two screws and lift the back off slowly.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem on my 920 and I solved it by opening the phone and pushing the flash contacts up a little because they weren't touching the flash module. Because your out of warranty I would at least try this all you have to do is unscrew the bottom two screws and lift the back off slowly.

I think I may give this a try.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site

I can also confirm this is what fixed my flash when it died a while back. Follow the tear apart on youtube (since it covers things like the sim tray) but it is a very simple process

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I've just been searching my house for a t5 driver. I have two sets, and don't know where I placed them.

I know if I buy one I'll instantly find where I left one or both, of my current sets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6