Nokia Lumia 720, battery drains quickely :(

ajaiyakie

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
well.. i bought lumia 720 five days back.
The First day battery lasted well ,and it showed 2 days remaining for next charge.
But I charged my mobile the next day morning .
The next day I got my Simcard activated, so I started using Mobile data...From that day my mobile battery started draining like anything.
I accept that used so much of mobile data the second day. I used 2G data , Phone calls, Browsing, Downloaded apps., video streaming, Skype, Viber.
today is the fifth day,... now my battery lasts only 10 hours after charging 100 %
Background data is On only for BATTERY and WEATHER app.
how to increase the efficiency my mobile's battery ?
Please help .

* I did initial charging for my mobile only for 3 hours ,. is that one relating to this issue?
* does battery gets affected if i charge my mobile frequently ?
* Any guesses on how long a lumia 720 battery can last when 2 g data ON all the time( 3G OFF, Wifi off,Blutooth off, Background data OFF for most of the apps.)

Thanks in Advance

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Let it charge and discharge (you don't have to discharge fully but charge to full is better at least for the first few times). It gets better once the OS and battery get to know each other.
You could also have one of the random drains (check the poll in WP8 section), hopefully not, but there are some solution to that aswell..
L720 has great battery and can last 2, 3 days with internet and all. Also, try to use wifi whenever posssible.

ajaiyakie

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Man.
I was worried that I received lumia with a poor battery in the Lot !
Can Overnight Charging increases the capacity ?

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Keep using the phone I noticed my 620 battery became better after about 20-30 charges. So don't worry. With moderate usage 720 should last you 1.5 2 days with 2g Internet.

gargtarang

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I recently purchased mu Lumia 720 last week. Over the week I found that my battery discharges fast if I use wifi. Like 30mins of wifi + whatsapp battery to 95%. I have already disabled background apps. Generally I get my battery backup of 24hrs if I use wifi intermittently with 2 hours of calling and a game "Blocked" each. Any guesses whether my phone is having battery issue of any kind?

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Let it charge and discharge (you don't have to discharge fully but charge to full is better at least for the first few times). It gets better once the OS and battery get to know each other.

This is a myth. Lithium Ion and Lithium Polymer batteries don't get 'better' after one or several charge/discharge cycles, and the OS and battery don't need 'calibration'.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Keep using the phone I noticed my 620 battery became better after about 20-30 charges.

Did you keep some sort of diary of usage against battery discharge rate? If not, how do you know that the battery got better? Possibly your usage changed subtly to give the impression that the battery was lasting longer. Lithium Ion and Lithium Polymer batteries do not get 'better with age' or last longer after a set amount of charge/discharge cycles.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
* I did initial charging for my mobile only for 3 hours ,. is that one relating to this issue?
This would have had no effect whatsoever on your current battery life.

* does battery gets affected if i charge my mobile frequently ?

No. In fact it is better to charge Lithium Ion and Lithium Polymer batteries more frequently rather than wait until the battery is very low on charge.

* Any guesses on how long a lumia 720 battery can last when 2 g data ON all the time( 3G OFF, Wifi off,Blutooth off, Background data OFF for most of the apps.)

I get about 48hours or more with light use (and I have 3G, WiFi and Background Data on). If you think your battery is draining faster than it should, I would advise uninstalling apps and then reinstalling one by one, checking battery drain after each. Messaging and social networking apps seem to be particularly troublesome with battery drain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium