Thinking of picking up a 920.

vizbot

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Im currently a android user and Im looking to switch it up a bit. I want to give WP a try but I don't live in a country where I can get one on contract so I would have to pay full price. So Im looking for a cheap device that still runs well. I was looking at the Lumia 920 as it goes for around $300. Would this be a wise choice? Also is the marketplace region locked? Will I be able to use a international credit card on the US marketplace?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Im currently a android user and Im looking to switch it up a bit. I want to give WP a try but I don't live in a country where I can get one on contract so I would have to pay full price. So Im looking for a cheap device that still runs well. I was looking at the Lumia 920 as it goes for around $300. Would this be a wise choice? Also is the marketplace region locked? Will I be able to use a international credit card on the US marketplace?

Worst case you just use an international card to buy MS Giftcards and load them onto your account. The marketplace does have multiple regions but you can actually change your region from the phone and change it back.

Im currently a android user and Im looking to switch it up a bit. I want to give WP a try but I don't live in a country where I can get one on contract so I would have to pay full price. So Im looking for a cheap device that still runs well. I was looking at the Lumia 920 as it goes for around $300. Would this be a wise choice?

Should be able to get one used for well less than that I'd say...like $150-$200 range. Are you in the states now or would you have to buy one over seas?

I'd say for $300, I'd look at the 925 instead of the 920. For $200; the 920 is still a great working phone.

vizbot

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Worst case you just use an international card to buy MS Giftcards and load them onto your account. The marketplace does have multiple regions but you can actually change your region from the phone and change it back.

Should be able to get one used for well less than that I'd say...like $150-$200 range. Are you in the states now or would you have to buy one over seas?

I'd say for $300, I'd look at the 925 instead of the 920. For $200; the 920 is still a great working phone.

I'm currently not in the US and would have to import one. I will definitely look into a used 925.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm currently not in the US and would have to import one. I will definitely look into a used 925.

Some good advice already offered but remember the 925 comes with 16GB vs 32 on the 920 (unless you can get one of the rare 32GB versions) and lacks built in wireless charging. I think the 920 is a better all rounder but the 925 is lighter and sleeker, both good phones but I would lean towards the 920.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss