Qi Charging on a LUMIA 1520 AT&T phone (Solution)

Benny Vallejo

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys...it looks like there is a Replacement back cover from SPAIN posted on eBay. UPDATE: ALL COLOR VARIATIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!!!

MATTE BLACK - $55.39 + $13.19 shipping
MATTE WHITE - $55.39 + 13.19 shipping
MATTE YELLOW - $55.39 + 13.19 shipping
GLOSSY RED - $62.29 + $13.19 shipping

THIS IS DEFINITELY THE INTERNATIONAL VERSION RM-937 WITH QI WIRELESS CHARGING.
I will be ordering one shortly and posting a step-by-step installation tutorial once i receive it...maybe a video as well.

Keep in mind guys that if you are thinking about buying one of these to change the color of your phone and add Qi, they DO NOT COME WITH SIM CARD OR SD CARD HOLDER REPLACEMENTS. If you are currently replacing it with a color you already have, it shouldn't be a problem. The seller does offer all color SIM and SDCARD holders...if you still want to buy that as well.

Here are some pics that are included in the description.
carcasa_body_nokia_1520_negra_002o.jpg
carcasa_body_nokia_1520_negra_003o.jpg
carcasa_body_nokia_1520_roja_001o.jpg
carcasa_body_nokia_1520_roja_003o.jpg
carcasa_body_nokia_1520_amarilla_001o.jpg
carcasa_body_nokia_1520_amarilla_003o.jpg
carcasa_body_nokia_1520_blanca_001o.jpg
carcasa_body_nokia_1520_blanca_003o.jpg

Last edited:

sbps1

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Please tell me what the seller says. This seems very intriguing...

Sent from my HTC One using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Benny Vallejo

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Ripping apart a new phone and voiding its warranty doesn't seem like a very good solution IMO.

Fortunately I bought mine from a Microsoft store with the Protection plan so if I break it I'm covered. They will easily switch it out just by visually inspecting it not opening it up. As far as switching out the back plate...it is as easy as removing a few screws and popping it out. I've done this plenty of times with my old Lumia 920 (wanted different color option back plates) and never had a problem with warranty. But of course, if you are not tech savy, I wouldn't recommend attempting this.

superlawyer15

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't really see the point of swapping the back cover if you use a case
You can just buy the coil and keep it inside your case

..that way you get working qi without having to perform phone surgery

superlawyer15

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
well ...while the coil is plugged in ..yes
but I rarely use the USB port other than for charging
removing it the few times I need it for something else isnt that big of an inconvenience

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
QI receiver sticker or card it the thing you see on amazon to add QI to a non QI device.
Anybody try one for another device on the 1520? I just want to stick it inside my external case.

Benny Vallejo

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
well ...while the coil is plugged in ..yes
but I rarely use the USB port other than for charging
removing it the few times I need it for something else isnt that big of an inconvenience

I currently have the qi coil for the mini USB and it charges the phone extreeeeemly slow. This is why I am choosing this option. There is only 1 screw you need to remove then just pop out the Back cover. See the YouTube link on this video to see how easy it is. NO MAJOR SURGERY REQUIRED. BUT OF COURSE, SOMEONE WHO IS NOT TECH SAVVY SHOULD NOT ATTEMPT THIS.

Last edited:

Benny Vallejo

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
QI receiver sticker or card it the thing you see on amazon to add QI to a non QI device.
Anybody try one for another device on the 1520? I just want to stick it inside my external case.

Takes a while to recognize the coil...then it charges extreeemly slow. I'm not sure if its because of the huge battery for the 1520. I currently have one and wouldn't recommend it.

Benny Vallejo

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: So I just got a response back from the seller.

"Hello, It's the cover to the version sold in Europe. RM-937. Thank you."

So it looks like this back cover should have qi built in. I will be ordering one shortly and posting pics of a step-by-step installation once I receive it...maybe a video as well. Stay tuned for updates. Thanks guys.

sbps1

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: So I just got a response back from the seller.

"Hello, It's the cover to the version sold in Europe. RM-937. Thank you."

So it looks like this back cover should have qi built in. I will be ordering one shortly and posting pics of a step-by-step installation once I receive it...maybe a video as well. Stay tuned for updates. Thanks guys.

How much was it? And do you know if he ships to the U.S.? This could be the answer to all of my problems with the 1520!

Benny Vallejo

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
How much was it? And do you know if he ships to the U.S.? This could be the answer to all of my problems with the 1520!

Yes, he definitely ships to the U.S. and other countries as well. There are only two colors to choose from right now...MATTE BLACK & GLOSSY RED.

MATTE BLACK - $55.39 + $13.19 shipping
GLOSSY RED - $62.29 + 13.19 shipping.

Just go to eBay and do a search for Lumia 1520. Once the results come up change the category on the left to "Replacement Parts & Tools" Once the new results come up, you can't miss it.

Benny Vallejo

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks I just found it! It also looks like he has a white version too, which is the color I wanted!

Thanks sbps1! I just saw it. I was looking for the white one too. I currently have the black 1520, i would like to order the red and white to swap them out when i feel like changing my colors. lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb